Thread: Most Accurate Facsimile Revolver

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration

Most Accurate Facsimile Revolver

There’s quite a few CO2 pistols that are designed to look like centre fire revolvers. Are they all just Coke-can plinkers or can they be used to shoot 10m targets and get all the pellets in the 8 ring?

I heard the Smith & Wesson Umarex is quite accurate, but what does this mean in terms of group size?

nishijin is offline They dare not speak his name in hushed tones
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    There’s quite a few CO2 pistols that are designed to look like centre fire revolvers. Are they all just Coke-can plinkers or can they be used to shoot 10m targets and get all the pellets in the 8 ring?

I heard the Smith & Wesson Umarex is quite accurate, but what does this mean in terms of group size?
    There are CO2-powered target pistols, so it's possible... but I'd have thought by the nature of the revolving mechanism you're adding too much movement to get respectable 10m groups.

I have an Umarex Smith & Wesson, 4" and 6" barrels and would ssy that you'd be doing well to get 8 pellets in the black, offhand at 10m. Whether or not the gun could put 8 in the 8 from a vice, I don't know. That said, it's pretty satisfying to shoot, either single or double action and goes off with quite a crack - enough to make the neighbours wonder!
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by derekm View Post
    I have an Umarex Smith & Wesson, 4" and 6" barrels and would ssy that you'd be doing well to get 8 pellets in the black, offhand at 10m. Whether or not the gun could put 8 in the 8 from a vice, I don't know. That said, it's pretty satisfying to shoot, either single or double action and goes off with quite a crack - enough to make the neighbours wonder!
    You Have me thinking now , I will do a vice test using my Umarex S&W 686 and see what it can do.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    yeah, the S&Ws are decent, around 1" @ 10M from memory. Need to dust mine off next summer !
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Their mags seem to be less detrimental to accuracy that the 8 pellet one. Seating the pellets to a consistent depth helps a great deal! This was a must when I shot IPAS.
    Good deals with these members

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    yeah, the S&Ws are decent, around 1" @ 10M from memory. Need to dust mine off next summer !
    That’s not bad .. wonder how that converts to a 25 yard full bore target ??

I've got an S&W model 29 6'' with the partially rifled barrel. After sighting it in, I hit the centre of the target bull at approx 6 yds with the first shot.
    This ain't rock 'n' roll- this is GENOCIDE!

Born Again is offline Owns three Roy orbison albums
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    That’s not bad .. wonder how that converts to a 25 yard full bore target ??
    As a comparison, my S&W 38 special model 52-2 semi auto target pistol came with a test card group of less than 1” @ 50yds. Achieving this in real world conditions was, for me, impossible.