Thread: Mislaid/ lost screwdriver

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice

Mislaid/ lost screwdriver

I've mislaid/ lost a screwdriver I like using. It wasn't even parallel sided but i've used it on a lot of guns over the years.
    I'll check the bin later just in case,

The last time I can remember using it, i was taking a Baikal action out of the stock, to post off to my cousin. She said it wasn't in with the gun on the packing, so it SHOULD be here

Being a REALLY NICE CHAP I've been doing a few other things packing wine and jam for posting off and Ive checked in any wine boxes on the floor and in the drawers.

I do use parallel sided bits in a ratchet driver but its not the same.

I'm wondering if any of you (older?) chaps have any older screw drivers/ turnscrews you no longer want and would consider selling me a few ----------and also if anyone can point me a a few (cheapish) drivers/ sets that would be suitable for tinkering with guns? Goldilocks ones that are "just right"

Thanks
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Look in Lidl or Aldi for the VDE screwdrivers they sell, either in sets or single. Check the tips, most of them are quite thin and hollow ground and perfect for the type of work we do. The crosspoints are Phillips tips and useful on American guns and some replicas.

Decent Quality for less than a tenner a set when they have them in
    Always wanting Webley or BSA scorpion pistols or bits. Got the minters, now need scrappers, projects or parts WHY please

hope it turns up bud

Look down the back of the settee also check the wash basket it could have been in your pocket.
    HW 77K .22,Gammo Hornet .22 BSA 3-9 x 50 Night light ,HW 40 .177,Gamo Maxxim Elite .22 multi shot, Beeman P17 .177 red dot sight ,SMK CP2 co2 with Hawk 3-9 x 50.Slingshots PPMG+TTF PPMG mk 2 ott PPMG ott Original custom made solid Bronze, Number 15 of 20

Quote Originally Posted by WebleyWombler View Post
    Look in Lidl or Aldi for the VDE screwdrivers they sell, either in sets or single. Check the tips, most of them are quite thin and hollow ground and perfect for the type of work we do. The crosspoints are Phillips tips and useful on American guns and some replicas.

Decent Quality for less than a tenner a set when they have them in
    Quote Originally Posted by ggggr View Post
    I've mislaid/ lost a screwdriver I like using. It wasn't even parallel sided but i've used it on a lot of guns over the years.

The last time I can remember using it, i was taking a Baikal action out of the stock, to post off to my cousin. She said it wasn't in with the gun on the packing, so it SHOULD be here

Being a REALLY NICE CHAP I've been doing a few other things packing wine and jam for posting off and Ive checked in any wine boxes on the floor and in the drawers.

I do use parallel sided bits in a ratchet driver but its not the same.

I'm wondering if any of you (older?) chaps have any older screw drivers/ turnscrews you no longer want and would consider selling me a few ----------and also if anyone can point me a a few (cheapish) drivers/ sets that would be suitable for tinkering with guns? Goldilocks ones that are "just right"

Thanks
    They are always in the last place you look, like the wife’s Christmas present that I bought a couple of months back and put somewhere safe…….. another vote for the Aldi lidl electrical sets, the big one will deal with stock bolts and the small ones those fiddly little ones, hollow ground and as yet not managed to either bend or snap 🫰

Those of us who like messing around with motorcycles/pushies put this sort of thing down to the activities of the Garage/Shed/House Fairies - or Gremlins, as some call them. 10mm/13mm spanners are a frequent victim. As are Philips/Pozidrive screwdrivers that turn into straights during time spent in the kitchen drawer, & VV.

Bru
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

nishijin is offline They dare not speak his name in hushed tones
    Quote Originally Posted by laverdabru View Post

Those of us who like messing around with motorcycles/pushies put this sort of thing down to the activities of the Garage/Shed/House Fairies - or Gremlins, as some call them. 10mm/13mm spanners are a frequent victim. As are Philips/Pozidrive screwdrivers that turn into straights during time spent in the kitchen drawer, & VV.

Bru
    It's with the 8mm's and 10mm's now.

Godspeed, little driver....