Thread: How well do the CO2 revolvers bear up.

How well do the CO2 revolvers bear up.

I'm thinking mainly about the western style revolvers like the Colt SAA, S&W Schofield and Remington 1875, but also about the likes of the Dan Wesson 715 and S&W M29.

Most of them have been around for quite a while now and I just wondered how well they stand up to use, and how well they keep their finish.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

Schofields and Webley MKVI are very well made, tough and durable. All their finishes wear well. Colt SAA are very good but there are a couple of possible problems. Antique finished versions can suffer from barrel wobble, easily fixed, and the ‘blue’ versions can suffer from wear to the finish. DW’s hold up well.
    David.

I have a Schofield and an S&W 686 , The 686 is a few year old now but still have not had to change any seals or any problems really with both.

Thanks for the replies.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

The only one I’ve had long enough to be able to comment on durability is one of the early batch Webley MkVI bb revolvers. I’ve treated it with care and not managed to drop it yet and it still looks as new. No obvious wear, trigger still smooth and still on its original seals.

Recently purchased a Umarex S&W revolver, so will see if it survives to the same degree.

stagmanv835 is offline i tend to drink while on the bbs
    I have more than one of each

Had no problems with any of them and I do use my Colt SAA`s frequently
    You only have the rights you are willing to fight for

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    got a few S&W 586s that seem fine, although some of the internals do look fragile. Dan Wesson looks more solid internally.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.