Thread: The Tell 3 pistols fundamental design flaw

The Tell 3 pistols fundamental design flaw

Probably few air pistols have the mystic the Tell 3. Obvious reasons for the collector; very few were made, very high build quality, and a look and feel that is quite remarkable. The design was unique with the barrel pulling the piston forward as it cocked. But many times collectors collect and really don’t shoot their vintage collection that much. In shooting the pistol you quickly discover something very unpleasent about its design. It is even illustrated in box cover on how to cock the pistol. You put your hand over the sight and push down. That hurts and is acsentuated by the short barrel. They even rounded off the sight to help ease the pain.

I guess hardy Teutonic menfolk didn't mind a bit of pain, unlike those decadent, effete, pampered Americans.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

It was likely a concern for pampered Americans that led to the wood cocking aid on Walther's LP-53.

Don R.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    I guess hardy Teutonic menfolk didn't mind a bit of pain, unlike those decadent, effete, pampered Americans.
    Just a less obvious form of duelling scar, Danny, possibly less attractive to the daughters of the Vons.

I don’t suppose you know what class of young women are attracted by blackened fingernails.

Asking for a friend, Mick
    When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns .