Thread: Benjamin 87 centennial

Benjamin 87 centennial

Did any of these ever make our shores..
    ATB john.

They're pretty rifles and they intended to make a thousand but the serials suggest they only did around 200. The thing I like most about them is how well the stock fits for the Williams sight.
    I did see another at auction a few years ago but I don't think it sold, so there's at least 2 in the UK.

Last edited by ratbuster2240; 10-12-2023 at 02:26 PM.

Absolutely stunning -- one of my "Holy Grails" of air rifles.

Thanks for the pictures, i think originally they were supposed to make around the 6000 mark but due to high manafactuing cost that number was never met.. their was also some second's that were made & they had normal serial numbers on them.. there was more 22's made than 177's.. the stock's & forearm's were made out of the same piece of walnut.. i could go on, if anyone knows of the whereabouts of one by all means send me a pm.. by the way your rifle is a beaut.
    Atb John.

Second nicest rifle Benjamin ever produced. Below was the most expensive and to me their best. Bit of a English connection.

Absolutely flint i prefer this one to the British one.. it's very very nice too😉

My friend down here in Lymington had the gold finished one complete with bag etc, he bought it new in the USA on one of his visits many years ago. He offered it to me for £500 a couple of years ago but I am more attracted by performance than glitz. I think he sold it to someone on here. I was more interested in other things he brought back like the Beeman SS-2 scope.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD