Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Photos From Kempton Arms Fair - Dec 2023

Quote Originally Posted by ashf9999 View Post
    Wish I was there. Was that the spring clip Webley you mentioned the other day, John?
    It is indeed.

I'm delighted with it.

I was also persuaded to home the factory Custom Cased Webley Premier as it looked lonely on Tim's stall!
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    Once again, thank you John for sharing your pictures it's most appreciated by those of us unable to make the fair...👍
    It's a pleasure Sir.

I was surprised I took so many (there were a fair few that didn't make the cut due to being out of focus or badly framed). There were also items I saw but did not photograph such as a fair few boxed rifles. I think were was a Paratrooper and/or Sniper that looked to be in VGC.
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22

Always look foreward to your pics of the day I do need to get there somehow next year

Quote Originally Posted by ptdunk View Post
    Nice to see you John and congrats on your purchases.
    Someone said they saw one of the Target versions of the Giffard rifle there which I missed, anyone see that?

Some great stuff on sale, thanks to Liz & Peter.

Cheers,
    Matt
    Matt,

I saw that Giffard rifle, I’m almost certain it was not a genuine target version because it looked like the only part on it remotely similar to the target version was the fancy butt plate, and the stock looked to be made aftermarket to fit the butt plate, the rest of the gun looked standard. If you see a genuine one they are very ornate and so different to a standard one, the rear sight for instance is a long ramp type, 3 or 4 inches long.

Lawrie.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrie Amatruda View Post
    Matt,

I saw that Giffard rifle, I’m almost certain it was not a genuine target version because it looked like the only part on it remotely similar to the target version was the fancy butt plate, and the stock looked to be made aftermarket to fit the butt plate, the rest of the gun looked standard. If you see a genuine one they are very ornate and so different to a standard one, the rear sight for instance is a long ramp type, 3 or 4 inches long.

Lawrie.
    Ah, thanks Lawrie. Thought it sounded too good to be true!
    I did ask my mate if it had the fancy trigger guard but they weren’t sure.

Nice to see you there today, hope you had a good day.

Atb,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Buck25 View Post
    Some fantastic pictures--thank you for sharing. I look forward to seeing photos of the arms fair as it does bring back memories when I was stationed at RAF Upper Heyford from 1978-1982.

Excellent quality photos as I could easily zoom in on the Targ-Aire serial number, another new number for my listing. The Targ-Aire box was in really nice shape and had the original paper label which is rarely in such nice condition. There is also another paper label on the end of the box which is typically gone. The condition of the original yellow instruction tag is very typical with the flaking off of the yellow covering. If you see a darker yellow instruction tag that does not have the flaking, it is usually a repro.

[IMG][/IMG]
    F111 era. I imagine those were very interesting times.

Kempton

Highlights for me included a cased mint Walther LP3 Match, some lovely HW35 Exports, FWB Sports, even a few BSF's.

It was good to see a few of the regulars, and have a catch up.

Ooo I spotted a GAT rifle. They’ve always interested me for some inexplicable reason. Did anyone notice the ticket price on it out of interest?

Cheers
    Greg

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    On the 9th line of photos, on the right, what is that (home made? ) pistol above the 2 Webleys? How much was it?
    Thanks
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Sorry Guy - I've no idea I'm afraid.

Anyone?

Kind regards,

John

Quote Originally Posted by ggggr View Post
    On the 9th line of photos, on the right, what is that (home made? ) pistol above the 2 Webleys? How much was it?
    Thanks
    28th pic.
    Looks like a home made concentric pistol? Very interesting but I missed it on the day.

Matt

Looks like it was another great day out for collectors.

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Again excellent photos John, and like you say some rare, and very rare air pistols. and you now own one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by micky2 View Post
    Again excellent photos John, and like you say some rare, and very rare air pistols. and you now own one of them.
    Thanks Mick.

I've been after a good one 30 years and sold one I previously owned as the condition was just not there. It took a while to find a replacement!

Great photos

Thanks for the photos John

Looks like there was some good deals to be had there , it’s looks a similar fair to Birmingham arms fair but with out the outdoor stands . I will have to get up early one Sunday and come down .

Regards Dan