Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Photos From Kempton Arms Fair - Dec 2023

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by ptdunk View Post
    28th pic.
    Looks like a home made concentric pistol? Very interesting but I missed it on the day.

Matt
    I think it was on the stand behind us Matt...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

A massive big thank you

I can't thank Peter, Liz and Fay Binfield enough. It was my first time of having tables at a fair, selling pieces from my collection from 25 years of collecting where I have amassed far too much and it's time to move stuff on. Peter, Liz and Fay had the whole event sorted, smooth and hassle free from the moment of turning up (just in time, 8.25 which Liz and ourselves had a bit of laughing banter about, Liz believing we were late) and being directed to the nearest most convenient double entrance doors for unpacking a short distance to our allotted tables in the venue. It was great to meet Peter (Binners) in person, who again came over to check we were all alright with everything was ok. My son and I had a great day, I sold a number of items that I was well pleased with and spoke to a fair number of fellow enthusiasts. Hopefully we will be doing the next fair. Again a massive thank you to Peter, liz and Fay and all the team for a grand day out, cheers Sam and Roll.

Rifle for sale

Quote Originally Posted by roll27 View Post
    I can't thank Peter, Liz and Fay Binfield enough. It was my first time of having tables at a fair, selling pieces from my collection from 25 years of collecting where I have amassed far too much and it's time to move stuff on. Peter, Liz and Fay had the whole event sorted, smooth and hassle free from the moment of turning up (just in time, 8.25 which Liz and ourselves had a bit of laughing banter about, Liz believing we were late) and being directed to the nearest most convenient double entrance doors for unpacking a short distance to our allotted tables in the venue. It was great to meet Peter (Binners) in person, who again came over to check we were all alright with everything was ok. My son and I had a great day, I sold a number of items that I was well pleased with and spoke to a fair number of fellow enthusiasts. Hopefully we will be doing the next fair. Again a massive thank you to Peter, liz and Fay and all the team for a grand day out, cheers Sam and Roll.
    Hello Roll I have sent you a PM reference a rifle on your stall

Regards Dan

Thanks for posting the photos JM, I cant get to the fairs as often as I i would like but look forward to the piccies
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

sounds like a great event

Great photos John, many thanks for sharing.

I must attend one of these fairs next year as I can see plenty of things that I'd like to buy
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/

Giffard(s).

John you did photograph the Giffards, 18th row, 1st pic there's 2 there.

Great pics, really enjoyed scrolling through them.

Cogswell & Harrison Certus Target Air Pistol

Cogswell & Harrison Certus Target Air Pistol - picture ?

Was that really for sale at the show ?

Been on my wanted list for many moons

Michael
    Too many Airguns and Pistols
    Beretta 682 Sporter, and Skeet

28th pic.
    Looks like a home made concentric pistol? Very interesting but I missed it on the day.

Matt
    Hi Matt
    As Jon has said it was on the stand behind ours, the trader told me it came from a house clearance of a deceased engineer, it had no markings so no clue as to whether it was made for personal use or a company prototype
    The trigger guard formed part of the cocking Lever which was hinged at the muzzle, you loaded it by u nscrewing a plug at the rear of the cylinder

It did attract a lot of attention

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Cogswell & Harrison Certus Target Air Pistol - picture ?

Was that really for sale at the show ?

Been on my wanted list for many moons

Michael
    The Certus in the picture is in fact the standard pistol with the Target version having a longer barrel. These pistols are among the quirkier designs and look to have had various parts randomly added as their development progressed. I believe production ceased due to the threat of infringement of the Webley patent which apparently did include the cocking of the pistol in the opposite direction to the Mk1 even though considered impractical.
    Associated advertising from the period also suggested that a removable stock was available, but as far as I’m aware none have ever been discovered to actually verify this was the case. The A.G. Parker Crank Wound pistol also included in John’s pictures is if anything a little bit quirkier but nevertheless fascinating pistols on offer at the Kempton show.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Hi Matt
    As Jon has said it was on the stand behind ours, the trader told me it came from a house clearance of a deceased engineer, it had no markings so no clue as to whether it was made for personal use or a company prototype
    The trigger guard formed part of the cocking Lever which was hinged at the muzzle, you loaded it by u nscrewing a plug at the rear of the cylinder

It did attract a lot of attention

Bob
    Hi Bob, sounds interesting, thanks.
    Do you know how much the seller was asking for it?

Cheers,
    Matt

Hi Bob, sounds interesting, thanks.
    Do you know how much the seller was asking for it?

Cheers,
    Matt
    No
    I believe he said it came with other pistols from the same source, he was a nice guy I think he told me he came from Windsor, Peter will have his contact details

Bloody hell there was a gat rifle. Been after one of those for years!
    I was debating it as your only 2 hours away and got told I had to go to a brass band practice for my boy, I know which one I'd rather of been at
    I'm definitely coming in the spring
    Super soaker 3000 (water), nerf fang (foam), noisy cricket (energy), m41a pulse rifle (10x24), Gat gun (.177)

Cool

Well done with the event once more Pete, The pics are brilliant!!

Wish I could get nice clear pics like them but alas, I'm useless with a camera!!

EDIT- Ooops, Sorry John, I thought Pete had posted the pics!!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    Well done with the event once more Pete, The pics are brilliant!!

Wish I could get nice clear pics like them but alas, I'm useless with a camera!!

EDIT- Ooops, Sorry John, I thought Pete had posted the pics!!

John
    No problem John - There's nothing wrong with the pics you post!
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.