Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Guns I wish I had bought....

Guns I wish I had bought....

Hi Chaps,

As we approach the end of yet another year I am getting a little nostalgic and enjoy thinking back to all the wonderful guns I have owned and enjoyed-before the rest of the world went all pussy and PC on me. I have had a lot of rifles over the years (nowhere near as many as most on here GGGR etc) but a couple of rifles that I SHOULD have bought stick with me.

"Remorse is a painful emotional state brought about by ones own actions" according to my now hopelessly outdated dictionary. I still carry a little pang of remorse when I recall choosing a cheap underlever rather than a beautiful Benjamin Sheridan Blue streak.... Or not buying a Webley Tracker despite having the money... or leaving an Original 45 for £50 not that many years ago...

I keep doing it of course, I just bought a second hand Walther RM8 and bottle, lovely gun, cheap but .... should have bought a springer...

So my question would be what was the WORST decision you chaps made when NOT buying a gun? Come on guys I need to know I am not the only idiot who has done this?

Yes, we've all been there and there's a lot of truth in the assertion that most collectors don't regret over paying for a gun as much as missing out on one.

One that springs to mind for me was a .20 Sussex Armoury Jackal Hi Power I saw at a Kempton arms fair a few years ago. I hesitated and someone else didn't. Still kicking myself today on that one!

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Damn! I have never seen a .20 Jackal! Yes I know your pain and would probably feel the same over that rifle

Quote Originally Posted by Gamocfx View Post
    So my question would be what was the WORST decision you chaps made when NOT buying a gun? Come on guys I need to know I am not the only idiot who has done this?
    List of guns I could have had collecting dust along all the others, but I either hestiated or didnt buy them:

Sussex armoury parabellum
    BSA Hornet
    AA MPR FT
    AA s200
    Mk1 Hw77
    Webley Longbow
    BSA mercury
    Crosman 167
    Too many airguns!

Evert you have an impressive list! The Webley Longbow is a bit unusual, was that sub 12ft lb? Again, I dont think I have ever seen one of those in the flesh...

theres one or to but i try not to think of them it depresses me ha ha

Airsporter Stutzen. Back in the day I was too broke for ages and recently every time one comes up I'm temporarily short.
    The more I think I know, the more I realise the less I know.

I know your pain Dorner! I have always had a thing for the BSA Stutzen.... lookin back it wasn't really out of reach for me I was just too tight!

Quote Originally Posted by Gamocfx View Post
    I know your pain Dorner! I have always had a thing for the BSA Stutzen.... lookin back it wasn't really out of reach for me I was just too tight!
    Hmm Nowadays that might have something to do with it.
    The more I think I know, the more I realise the less I know.

Another vote for the Longbow.
    Also on the Webley front, I hummed & hawed about a Mk 3 SuperTarget being sold on here, when I decided to go for it it was on its way to Germany. And a Mk 1 pistol, also on here.
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

Is the Longbow over 12ft lbs? I once saw an article or advert claiming it was the most powerful break barrel in production? My memory is not what it once was but Im pretty sure it was the Longbow.... never seen one for real.

A wooden stocked Benjamin-Sheridan 397. Small, light, pointable. Maybe not the most glamorous at the time (1980's) but it just felt 'nice' when I handled it in the shop. That said, the reason for the visit was a mk1 HW77; so it went back on the rack. Should have just busted the budget and taken both. Hey-ho.
    The 0.22 Treefeller X X2R HW77k
    Pound for pound, the amoeba is the most vicious animal on earth.

Yes a beautiful rifle... I too should have bought one of these.... strangely I also have a HW 77K from an age ago

Benjamin

[QUOTE=Lumberjack
    Ahhh that would of been the Benjamin 347.. i have a couple of these & the 342 both great little guns..

chris u'5 is offline I'm a dumbass, it's official!!
    A Webley Excel that had been customised by Venom.

There was an advert in one of the gun magazines for it and I stared at the pictures and read the description a million times, I was only 12 or 13 though so it was out of my reach unfortunately
    "Who's the only one here that knows illegal ninja moves from the government?"