Thread: Looking For Recommendations.

Looking For Recommendations.

At the moment i have been using a clubs own rifle and pulling in scores of 97 or 98 at Benchrest. There is room for improvement, but i feel that as i am only using it once a week and any other club members can use any of the clubs rifles and change any of the settings on the scopes etc, etc, it would be best to get my own rifle eventually. So i have been looking at three rifles and depending on how deep my pockets are is dependant on the quotes i get.
    No 1. Anschutz 1927 - CISM
    No 2. Anschutz 1761 Whisper Classic
    No 3. Anschutz 54.30 KK-Match
    These three i have narrowed down from their website, or do i just forget about Anshutz and go for the CS 457 instead.

Get a preowned match rifle such as the anschutz or walther .
    Better (proper) match triggers than the others .
    At a club I go to various members started off with CZ’s and have all ended up with Anschutz match rifles (costing between £300-500) also budget for a good scope at least 32x magnification.
    & test various ammo makes for best results .
    Hope this helps
    If you have any questions feel free to ask

James

I like and own CZ but for BR this ....

Quote Originally Posted by JB101 View Post
    Get a preowned match rifle such as the anschutz or walther .
    Better (proper) match triggers than the others .
    At a club I go to various members started off with CZ’s and have all ended up with Anschutz match rifles (costing between £300-500) also budget for a good scope at least 32x magnification.
    & test various ammo makes for best results .
    Hope this helps
    If you have any questions feel free to ask

James
    Something like a Anschutz 1813 or 1913 is a good choice, they shoot well and can easily be upgraded with a proper BR stock.
    They are usually a very safe buy, not much to go wrong with them, simple to maintain, spare parts are available and they hold value well.
    Don't skimp on a scope and sooner or later you will be looking at tuners so don't blow the budget on the rifle.

No promises but we are overloaded with Anschutz target rifles at my local club and are looking at offloading a few cheap. PM me if you're interested. We are just off M4 j36.
    [I]DesG
    Domani e troppo tardi