Thread: TX200 Vs Pro Sport in .22 advice

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

TX200 Vs Pro Sport in .22 advice

Guys after having owned numerous quality underlever guns Inc. .22 and 177 77s, 97s, LGU and TX (both 77 and tx full and carbine) and a 177 pro sport.

The above have all had various tunes too so I'd like to say I've a fair amount of experience lol.

I've yet to own or even try a pro sport in .22.

I've always favoured the tx over the pro sport in 177 even having both at 1 point with nick g 22mm conversions I still thought the tx was better(for me anyway)

I've heard from a few ppl that in .22 the pro sport is better than the tx.

Years ago when I got back into shooting I bought a 177 pro sport just on looks alone as I think its stunning.

Now having only 22 springers I'm tented to try a pro sport but already own a txhc in .22 with a basic shauny tune but it's lovely in a nice mk2 walnut stock.

Question is in others opinions would the .22 pro sport be nicer to use.

I've now switched allegiance from 77/97 over to Air Arms just as they are that bit easier to work on.

Opinions would be good as the pro sport ain't a cheap investment anymore.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    If you have more money than you need, look at it all day long and only fire the occasional shot then the Pro Sport is the gun for you!

I think it is stunning to behold, a joy to shoot in all but it’s most basic form and an absolute pain in the arse to load compared to the TX.

You should buy one. And then have your bumps felt!
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

Lol thanks I'm inclined to try one but I've never seem anyone with a 22 pro sport I guess it's aimed as a target rifle so less demand in .22

I had a lovely mk1 Pro/sport in .22 ,that I bought from a friend who needed some money.
    He really liked the P/S and used it for vermin control.
    I loved the way it looked and the build quality. But as Tinner’s has mentioned, I thought it awkward to load and live with.It performed no better than my .22 Pro/Elite that replaced it, or my Tx200 in the same cal.
    Still the best looking production springer out there imo.
    Les..

All been said.
    A Pro Sport is a luxury, and like many luxury items doesn't make it necessarily the most practical. Lovely, but not as your main shooter.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    I'm presently thinking along similar lines but a TX long barrel in .22 Cal. against a .22 cal. Prosport !
    I'm erring towards the TX because of the loading issue and I've yet to own and shoot the longer barrelled version !

However, as the above members have said, the Prosport is a stunning air rifle to look at !
    Last edited by Blackrider; 29-12-2023 at 05:54 AM.
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post

I think it is stunning to behold, a joy to shoot in all but it’s most basic form and an absolute pain in the arse to load compared to the TX.
    Would also go along with this.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Thanks all

Had both 177 & 22(got the .22 off tinbum) pro sports, they've gone as have the 77/97's but i have 2 tx's full length in 177 & the hc in .25, tx for me all day, & .25 if you want some thing different that works very well

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    The pro sport is the ultimate hunting springer IMOP.

But although you can shoot a tin of pellets through it, and I have, the TX is easier to do this.

But only the full length TX.

I find the pro sport easier to cock and shoot that the TXHC.

But also, the TXHC is an awesome hunting rifle.

The full length TX is also an awesome hunting rifle because it is so quiet but a little long.

Pro sport .177, .22, TX200 .177, TX200HC .177 owner.
    Master Debater