Thread: Video: Oscar Will Air pistols

Video: Oscar Will Air pistols

Hi all,
    I asked John to do a couple of video extras when I visited him to film his book video.

One was to talk us through his collection of early Oscar Will pistols, what a treat!:

https://youtu.be/BiD8t7ZK3o4

Only trouble is I now have a Patent & Universal pistol on my long term wish list….

Cheers,
    Mat

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Quote Originally Posted by ptdunk View Post
    Hi all,
    I asked John to do a couple of video extras when I visited him to film his book video.

One was to talk us through his collection of early Oscar Will pistols, what a treat!:

https://youtu.be/BiD8t7ZK3o4

Only trouble is I now have a Patent & Universal pistol on my long term wish list….

Cheers,
    Mat
    Hi Mat, many thanks for posting the video of Johns pistols, and to John for the talk about them. very interesting indeed, l have yet to see one in the flesh so to speak.

very interesting thanks for sharing

Very interesting thanks

Superb video, Matt! I really like the way you segue from the real guns to the original ads - very professional! Fascinating commentary too. Possibly the only place in this country you find those pistols in one place. I'm so glad you took the time to film them.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

I would also like to add my appreciation and thanks to both John & Matt for sharing this excellent and informative video.

Brian

Thanks guys.
    I think video is a good medium to look at family’s of airguns together, I enjoy seeing how they all relate to each other.

Having had the opportunity to handle these I have to say the big Patent pistol is surprisingly pointable, and in comparison the little vulcanite gripped universal is very wieldy. Lovely pistols.

Thanks again to John.

Cheers,
    Matt

Another awesome look at some pistols we may never see ourselves. Get documentation.

I can't tell you how much I enjoyed this video! It's a great way to end the year. I've just watched it for the third time.

The Will 'Patent' pistol is particularly beautiful (especially the first example shown) and filming it really helps to give it scale - e.g. it's quite a bit larger than I imagined. The more Gem-like arcade guns are quite ugly by comparison, but I suppose the aim was that they should be functional rather than attractive.

Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post

The Will 'Patent' pistol is particularly beautiful (especially the first example shown) and filming it really helps to give it scale - e.g. it's quite a bit larger than I imagined. The more Gem-like arcade guns are quite ugly by comparison, but I suppose the aim was that they should be functional rather than attractive.

I agree the patent pistol is very pleasing to the eye. I particularly like the way the side of the barrel flat, frame and cocking link are all on the same plane, that's a nice bit of design.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

And the arcade pistols seem much more interesting with John's explanation and other examples to compare.

Cheers,
    Matt