Thread: Anyone got BSA MEteor pics please? Fancier the better!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamocfx View Post
    Evert that is a thing of beauty! I really like that rifle.... I assume that it shoots as good as it looks?
    Yep, as good as any other good lightweight springer, five pellets in a single hole at 10meters if you do the job right.
    Oh yeah, the trigger has some tweaks too
    Too many airguns!

I purchased a Walther RM8 PCP last year as a treat to self. The thing weighs a ton, needs a tank and basically for me is not as much fun as an old springer. Possibly my age is kicking in but I have found (to my cost) that a self contained springer is much more useful for me and probably more fun.

I had no idea that one could tweak a Meteor trigger, polishing the working parts perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Gamocfx View Post
    I purchased a Walther RM8 PCP last year as a treat to self. The thing weighs a ton, needs a tank and basically for me is not as much fun as an old springer. Possibly my age is kicking in but I have found (to my cost) that a self contained springer is much more useful for me and probably more fun.

I had no idea that one could tweak a Meteor trigger, polishing the working parts perhaps?
    You can stone the trigger/sear engagement and carefully alter the engagement angle on the trigger to reduce sear lift.
    You can make a trigger spring from thinner wire.
    Sear engagement can be adjusted with the screw in the trigger.

All these combined can make for a quite good trigger.
    Too many airguns!

I have not heard of using thinner wire to make the spring-that is clever! I usually like the BSA triggers and have never had an issue with them until I tried the new plastic trigger Gamo nonsense.... Metal triggers in Gamos can be replaced using a Welsh Willy trigger but the new ones are awful in comparison.