Thread: Bsa buffer washer cheese period?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dornfelderliebe View Post
    It's common to remove the buffer washer on a Mercury/airsporter but then you have to drill a new hole for the retaining pin and probably shorten the spigot. I cannot see how you can remove the buffer washer on a key way head on the Meteor without making so much play that it rattles about on the piston.
    Some aftermarket heads are fixed with a nut where you probably, can remove the washer, with the benefits above.
    We make a version that takes the original O-ring and buffer washer on a nut for the Meteors

https://www.airgunspares.com/162194j...onheadjki.html

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration

Mercury refurb continued ...

Stripped the Mercury, there was resinous buffer cheese lacquering the compression chamber and it would not come off until I hit it with the Solvol Autosol and an electric drill.

The spring seemed very straight, there is a ridiculous about of pre-load on these guns and it was a total bastard to get the spring back in, even with the assistance of a spring compressor.

As a result of this I do not like this gun. The cocking effort is quite high, I am not sure if the spring is a Titan or something OTT but I will take it for accuracy testing tomorrow and run in the Meteor 'O' - ring.

While it comes up to the aim brilliantly, and looks like a swoopy beauty, I just keep thinking the HW35 is the better choice of the era.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Stripped the Mercury, there was resinous buffer cheese lacquering the compression chamber and it would not come off until I hit it with the Solvol Autosol and an electric drill.

The spring seemed very straight, there is a ridiculous about of pre-load on these guns and it was a total bastard to get the spring back in, even with the assistance of a spring compressor.

As a result of this I do not like this gun. The cocking effort is quite high, I am not sure if the spring is a Titan or something OTT but I will take it for accuracy testing tomorrow and run in the Meteor 'O' - ring.

While it comes up to the aim brilliantly, and looks like a swoopy beauty, I just keep thinking the HW35 is the better choice of the era.
    The last Titan I fitted to to an airsporter had to be cut to 260 mm and is easy to fit. It ought to be the same for a Mercury. After a lifetime of using my Airsporter the 1st time I shouldered a Mercury, it fitted like a glove, better than my 35.
    Make room for both in your life.
    The more I think I know, the more I realise the less I know.