Thread: Breeding webley's

Breeding webley's

Hi guys, last few days i have been serching for a little gem of a mk1 straight grip, but can i find it,nope,but i did find 5 mk1 slant grips, i thought i had, 2 or three of these, but 5 no, moved 5 years back, and have lost 2 complete train sets from the 70ies, or they are in our old loft, a couple of rifles,,also found the last few days, were 2 hw stocks,a few tempists, 2 i would have sworn i had sold, also a couple of premiers, i thought long gone, i used to laugh at these type of things, but now i am starting to worry, is this just getting older [ 63 ] or something worse, i find lately that sometimes, i cant get words out, even though i can picture them in my head, also upon wakening every morning, i seem to be running a song/music, as if on loop, in my head, i have to consentrate to stop it, just one of them things???.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by basa View Post
    Hi guys, last few days i have been serching for a little gem of a mk1 straight grip, but can i find it,nope,but i did find 5 mk1 slant grips, i thought i had, 2 or three of these, but 5 no, moved 5 years back, and have lost 2 complete train sets from the 70ies, or they are in our old loft, a couple of rifles,,also found the last few days, were 2 hw stocks,a few tempists, 2 i would have sworn i had sold, also a couple of premiers, i thought long gone, i used to laugh at these type of things, but now i am starting to worry, is this just getting older [ 63 ] or something worse, i find lately that sometimes, i cant get words out, even though i can picture them in my head, also upon wakening every morning, i seem to be running a song/music, as if on loop, in my head, i have to consentrate to stop it, just one of them things???.
    Hi Den

Happy new year mate!!

That song in your head, It wasn't 'I got you babe' by Sonny and Cher perchance?

Abount losing stuff, I have a huge H&M Dublo train set somewhere and don't have a clue where it is, I need to find it out soon for my train mad grandson!!

I also have put around a dozen watches away 'somewhere safe' over the last thirty years, None of them have turned up since! It's like the borrowers have been!

I actually thought I was going senile as my memory was getting bad so booked a test at the Doc's, I got the highest score (30/30), Even the doc said he couldn't do that!

Strange thing is that I can still be sat in the lounge and get up to go in to the kitchen and forget what I went in for when i've got there!!!

I bought a fishing license a few days ago and now I can't find the holdall with the reels and terminal tackle in!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Hey John, I'm the same and I have a few years up on you !
    Where are you planning to go fishing by the way, not the Flask is it ?
    “An airgun or two”………

I like to think that it's not memory loss but this. Think about how documents were filed away years ago. You had a cabinet with draws and file holders. Each and every time a file was put in a file holder. Over time, there was quite a few files so you put them in some sort of order. As time goes past, more and more files are put in the cabinet and you buy another and so on.
    Think that every second of your life is a file that's gets filed away. When you need a file, just think of how many files that need to be searched to find that file ! As you get older, there are so many files to search that it takes a while to find that file. It's not memory loss, it just takes a little bit longer to find.
    Relax, you're not the only one and more and more older ones will associate the delay if finding that file.

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Quote Originally Posted by basa View Post
    Yes that is the downside to getting older.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Hey John, I'm the same and I have a few years up on you !
    Where are you planning to go fishing by the way, not the Flask is it ?
    I'll be joining the Treeton Dyke angling club as you can park right next to the peg!, Theydon't take members until march though!

Apparently there's loads of large Carp, Catfish, Sturgeon etc!!

There's other day waters too..

John..

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    I'll be joining the Treeton Dyke angling club as you can park right next to the peg!, Theydon't take members until march though!

Apparently there's loads of large Carp, Catfish, Sturgeon etc!!

There's other day waters too..

John..
    Fair chance they'll be all down the Rother by this time !
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Fair chance they'll be all down the Rother by this time !
    Ha ha!!

You may be right John, It floods around there all the time!!

I'll be fishing the Rother too at Catcliffe, Used to fish it years ago and loved the place!!

Breeding

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    hi den

happy new year mate!!

That song in your head, it wasn't 'i got you babe' by sonny and cher perchance?

Abount losing stuff, i have a huge h&m dublo train set somewhere and don't have a clue where it is, i need to find it out soon for my train mad grandson!!

I also have put around a dozen watches away 'somewhere safe' over the last thirty years, none of them have turned up since! It's like the borrowers have been!

i actually thought i was going senile as my memory was getting bad so booked a test at the doc's, i got the highest score (30/30), even the doc said he couldn't do that!

Strange thing is that i can still be sat in the lounge and get up to go in to the kitchen and forget what i went in for when i've got there!!!

i bought a fishing license a few days ago and now i can't find the holdall with the reels and terminal tackle in!

John
    HI John, apart from thinking iIm loopy everything ok, Im on a fair old dose of morphine, 70mg twice a day, and will just blame that for the wooly head, as for you forgetting some of your kit, who to hell would'nt, bonzi, air guns, watches, scopes, gee/tars, your not a magpie, pal, your a whole flock of em, best wishes for the new year,tight lines,Den.

Quote Originally Posted by where's it gone View Post
    I like to think that it's not memory loss but this. Think about how documents were filed away years ago. You had a cabinet with draws and file holders. Each and every time a file was put in a file holder. Over time, there was quite a few files so you put them in some sort of order. As time goes past, more and more files are put in the cabinet and you buy another and so on.
    Think that every second of your life is a file that's gets filed away. When you need a file, just think of how many files that need to be searched to find that file ! As you get older, there are so many files to search that it takes a while to find that file. It's not memory loss, it just takes a little bit longer to find.
    Relax, you're not the only one and more and more older ones will associate the delay if finding that file.
    You may have something there, maybe my problem is the amount of crap, in my cabinet's, suppose any day above ground, is a good un, happy new year to all.