Thread: Please tell me how you attach a picture to the post ?

Please tell me how you attach a picture to the post ?

Guys

I am not so very computer savvy help. Tell me how you post a picture. Bought some rare airguns lately and want to share pics help.

Randy

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    OK Here goes - from a technophobe. Apologies to those who know a lot more about it than me (in other words nearly everyone).

First you have to get yourself what is called a photo hosting site. This is a website that, free of charge, will accept your pictures, store them for you, and give you a url (link) to each photo. You can then use the url link to move your pictures around on the web, such as sending them by email, or in this case putting them onto another website.

I recommend Imgur (https://imgur.com/P). Register with them and then you can click the appropriate buttons to upload any pictures you want from your laptop.
    You will then be able to see a way of copying the url for each picture you want to post on here (it is called "Direct Link")
    You can also choose the size of the image you want in the process. Once you have the url of a photo, go to your post on this forum.

At the position where you want your picture to appear in your post, click on this icon at the head of your post:

This then appears:

Paste your url into it and click OK.

Job done.

I too am an over-the-hill techno-phobe. For whatever it's worth, I mostly use an iPad, but have never figured out how to make it talk to Imgur.

I use the hosting site "Postimages," which is pretty simple with an interface I find intuitive. There are quite a few others that are similar, but that one is good for me.

https://postimages.org/

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by MDriskill View Post
    I too am an over-the-hill techno-phobe. For whatever it's worth, I mostly use an iPad, but have never figured out how to make it talk to Imgur.

I use the hosting site "Postimages," which is pretty simple with an interface I find intuitive. There are quite a few others that are similar, but that one is good for me.

https://postimages.org/
    I use that one and pick 'hotlink for forums' and just paste that link in.

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    I use that one and pick 'hotlink for forums' and just paste that link in.
    That's the easiest way to do it, but of course one can post pictures direct from ones device in the sales section only.