Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheer me up Lads, I'm stuck at work!

Cheer me up Lads, I'm stuck at work!

Morning Chaps,

I'm sadly stuck at work for the next 12 hours and despite there being some weird firewall preventing me from looking at anything gun shaped the bbs sneaks through! Any pics of a 1980's era BSA rifle would be much appreciated! I can look at them through the day and save them when I get home.

Possibly my favourite rifle is the BSA Supersport Carbine, mine is .22 but I do wonder what a .177 would be like-anyone fired one? The humble Meteor a close second... I do enjoy looking at what the collectors on here do with these.

The long days are made far more bearable by looking on here every hour or so.

Thanks in advance!

I can encourage you that being stuck at work you are paying into the National Pension pot for all us old geezers who can spend the whole day looking at, fixing, cleaning and shooting a huge collection of airguns and we are very grateful. Hopefully your turn is coming.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Hahaha another few years for me sadly Benelli... though it does give me some comfort that fellow deserving souls might derive some benefit from my pointless labours!

Does anyone know if there is a book on BSA manufacture for the 70s onwards? I do come across rifles but they always seem to be .22 as was popular at the time but I am curious as too the number/ratios produced in other calibres.

Oh well enjoy your day Benelli....

Here you go !
    I keep meaning to swing by reception for a natter , but I’m always on the last minute ( red and black vitara , 11.25 am )

https://www.airgunspares.com/bsaljbo...iflesbook.html

Alakar? Your in Fulwood?

I have a birthday coming up so that book has now made my radar! £50 is a bit rich though... pop by I'm going insane as its quiet at this time of year

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Gamocfx View Post
    Alakar? Your in Fulwood?

I have a birthday coming up so that book has now made my radar! £50 is a bit rich though... pop by I'm going insane as its quiet at this time of year
    Yep , been over here for nearly 15 years now .
    Only found out you were here last year whilst the issue with the numpty was going on .
    £50 is a bit strong but you may get one secondhand .
    All that time on your hands , you could do a spot of research 🤣

Here's an image of a Mercury tube with the forks removed, shows how crudely these things are made under the blued finish
    Too many airguns!

And here's one of a Milbro that fell apart in its own:
    Too many airguns!

Nice to see you earlier Alakar! Its a small world.
    Evert I did not even know that the Mercury broke down like that!? I have one at home waiting for its new spring and seals but I am a bit reluctant to start it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamocfx View Post
    Nice to see you earlier Alakar! Its a small world.
    Evert I did not even know that the Mercury broke down like that!? I have one at home waiting for its new spring and seals but I am a bit reluctant to start it.
    They dont unless you heat the tube and unscrew the forks. Mine was a horrible mess I've been struggling with for years. Its a 6,35 magum someone had changed the barrel on, and it never was able to make good power no matter what barrel, spring, piston weight or seal I tried.
    After MANY experiments I finally heated the forks to break the glue and unscrew the forks. Cleaned the threads and re-glued it back togehter. Now it finally makes good power and shoots quite well.
    Too many airguns!

Heres a Vulcan tube apart too, showing the dubious quality of these guns. I have posted all these pictures on here before, but thought you might enjoy seeing them again:

Too many airguns!

And a few meteors for you to look at:
    Too many airguns!

I had no idea about the forks being able to be taken off! I know very little about this sort of thing but its so good to learn something. I cant believe that pic of meteors-are they yours? It almost seems impossible that someone could have so many!? Excellent skills and as for collecting I think you win with those.

Nice collection of Meteors evert!

I've always loved my Birmingham made Lightning.