Thread: BSA Supersport Carbine Barrel width?

BSA Supersport Carbine Barrel width?

Hi Chaps,

Just a quick question, is the barrel on a BSA Super sport the same width as a Meteor? I think this would be 15.5mm? I think that this rifle may well be my favourite BSA at 38" it is very manageable and great fun to shoot.

Thanks

All the mk3-6 Meteors, Supersports, XL Lightnings and Lightnings I've seen have had the same 15,5mm barrel diameter.
    No reason why the carbine should be a different diameter?
    Too many airguns!

Thanks Evert I was just checking. Dusting off a few rifles and started thinking if they are the same size. It appears as though they are indeed the same.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    All of the standard barrel widths are 15.5 mm, apart from the S models (Airsporter and Mercury) which are 17mm.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Thanks for that... I am writing that down on a sticky note and putting it in the gun cabinet! I really should get some calipers but now I can't think of when I would ever use them.

CLOGGER is offline Ex proud Yorkshireman, Now soft southern shandy drinker
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamocfx View Post
    I really should get some calipers but now I can't think of when I would ever use them.
    You can probably get a pair of plastic jawed digital calipers from Amazon for under £10 - cheap enough for everyday use, and accurate/durable enough.
    I have several sets of all metal ones from when Lidl used to do them for £9.99. I wouldn't be without them - once you you get them you'll use them much more than you can imagine.

Best regards, Clogger

Your probably right Clogger-I suppose they would be handy for measuring groups as well... just spent a morning trying to find the best pellet for a rifle. I'm taking the wife shopping on Friday so I may have to go past machine mart and see of they have some.

You can get digital steel calipers shipped from Asia directly to your mailbox for under 10Gbp.
    Do a search on "that auction site"
    Too many airguns!

Evert I did have some a few years ago but alas they were Chinese and not made to last. I have to be careful calling anything from there though as the wife is Chinese and she is a unicorn! I did drop lucky with something out of China I suppose.