Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Winter wood working - Presentation is everything

Add a label? BSA in USA - looks period?

Using British penny to date pistol

Last edited by 45flint; 21-01-2024 at 03:27 PM.

You could embed the coins in a plainer part of the base, perhaps, Steve?
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    I do like that lable,

Winter wood working - Presentation is everything

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    I bought scraps of Hawaiian Koa wood for over a year at a local lumber yard before I retired. Now I have quite a store of master grade curly Koa for small projects. Beautiful wood can add a lot to the presentation of an antique. How often do we close our treasures away to rarely enjoy them?

Very nice looking wood, it seems a shame to waste it on a stand, would make some lovely custom grips for a pistol for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by junglie View Post
    Very nice looking wood, it seems a shame to waste it on a stand, would make some lovely custom grips for a pistol for instance.
    Interesting more than one say the wood should be a wood for grips. I think in a sense it is a bit too fancy for grips. I know that sounds funny but it would look rediculous on that WR? Ebony works because that is elegant, understated, and matches expectations. I think saying it is a waste on a stand is really my point in a way. A beautiful stand pumps up the presentation of a artfully designed pistol, just as a beautiful casing does. I have several long strips of similar grained koa that I can use for grips but have little desire to change out any vintage grips. I have a Tell 3 that has a piece of grip missing and always thought a wood grip would help that one, but again curly koa would look a bit strange?

Attending our major airgun show in June this year and bought 2 tables, one for selling and one I think I want to title airguns as art. The wood stands will be a major part of that presentation.
    Last edited by 45flint; 26-01-2024 at 11:48 AM.