Thread: Thinking of a New Old BSA

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamocfx View Post
    Thanks, I have never seen the rail system on a BSA... I am pretty sure my scope rails are all 11mm
    The Bsa Lightning also comes fitted with the Maxi grip rail.
    Les..

Yes I believe so.... only because I am looking at the Blue Book of Airguns. I think the Brummie Lightening's maybe OK but people seem to avoid the Spanish ones. Looking at this book it seems that the Supersport was only made for a couple of years? If true that seems like an odd way to waste money on setting up a production line and tooling.

I collect older BSAs, and I would try and shoot one first to be honest, you might change your mind if you have shot modern PCPs.

I also have a early Air arms pro sport and it is like night and day compared to my BSA springers ( I have most model Airsporters including a late .177 rotary breech, Mercurys, Meteors, and a few older standard models), and it is miles in front in every way, as are the HW77/97 and TX200s.
    It might be that I am ruined shooting my Steyrs and Air arms and ISP pcps, but most BSA springers are horrible to shoot, including the later offerings as well.

Go and shoot a TX200 and you wont bother with a Supersport.
    BASC

Hi Dean,
    I already have a Supersport Carbine and I think its up there as one of my favourite guns! Mine is a mid 80s version and I know nothing really of anything later than this from BSA. I do like the build quality though which is far superior to my Gamo rifles... I would certainly consider an Air Arms as I am sure they are amongst the best springers out there.