There are only two bellows pistols known to exist, and one of these, the one pictured below, has resided in the Beeman collection for many years. With the recent dispersion of the collection, I have been wondering what might happen to the pistol when it came up for auction. I was surprised to find out, more by accident than anything, that it has already been sold. The Rock Island Auction strategy seems to involve releasing the Beeman collection in random bursts and I have found it difficult to keep up with things, so I missed the bellows pistol when it appeared as lot 1370 in the December 9th auction, hidden in a small group of air rifles sandwiched in a large section of unrelated antique firearms. (https://www.rockislandauction.com/de...rel-air-pistol)

Anyway, it sold for $7000, about £5,500, which does not surprise me. I have no idea who lucky new owner is.

This other superb example belongs to a well-known American collector and member of this forum:

The only other example I know of is this copy of above original I made. Given the price that the Beeman pistol realised, this is the closest I am ever going to get to one in my lifetime!