Thread: Diana 6G Giss system question

Diana 6G Giss system question

Hi all, i've recently acquired a Original/Diana 6G target pistol, the piston seal was shot but i knew that when i bought it. What i didn't know was that someone had attempted to get into the pistol but had failed, and they'd chewed up the "rachet wheel covers" whilst trying. I'm not sure why they're called "ratchet wheel covers" being as they don't ratchet so i'm going to call them pinion gear caps from here on. Anyway, i was able to remove the pinion gear caps without any further damage but they were unbelievably tight. My question is, what experience have others had with these caps? The knurling seems to suggest they should only require finger tightening but they nip up 50 degrees or so before the locking screw can be inserted with fingers so tightening with a tool of some kind would be necessary, is this normal? I'm wondering if the metal is slightly bruised by the previous owners attempts in getting into the pistol and this is what's causing the caps to become tight too early, if that's the case both sides have been similarly damaged which seems unlikely. If anyone has experience with these pistols i'd very much appreciated their input.

Hi I put a reply on the general forum. Hope it helps

Pinion caps

Have had success getting these off and on using a leather strap or piece of a broken car poly V belt pinched onto caps with a mole wrench or similar.