Thread: Haenel 400???

Haenel 400???

Just doing a video on the 33 and thought the 310 was the last rifle using the Schmiesser patent, production ceasing in 1989 (blue book info so not sure)

Just came across a Haenel 400 on Danny's gallery in a 1993 Haenel catalogue that seems to be a bolt action repeater. Can't find anything else online, anyone know anything about them please?

https://www.vintageairgunsgallery.co...68858c63f8.jpg

Thanks,
    Matt

I have a very nice conditioned one. Very rare from what I can make out, as they weren't made for very long.It has an elegant curved bolt handle which I like. Mine currently has the magazine jammed into the action. Always meant to get the gun out and free off the magazine with some carefully applied heat, but never got around to it. Apparently make big money on DE Gun.

Lakey

Quote Originally Posted by Lakey View Post
    I have a very nice conditioned one. Very rare from what I can make out, as they weren't made for very long.It has an elegant curved bolt handle which I like. Mine currently has the magazine jammed into the action. Always meant to get the gun out and free off the magazine with some carefully applied heat, but never got around to it. Apparently make big money on DE Gun.

Lakey
    Ah, perfect thanks.
    Rare Haenels sell for big money on egun.
    Do you know if it has 'Schmiessers patent' stamped on it? I know the 49a did but I'm not sure about the later ones.

Thanks,
    Matt

I will get the gun out tomorrow and have a look. PM me your e-mail address and I will send you some photos Matt. From what I can gather the production period was 1991 to 1993 only, hence the rarity of this particular model. The main difference with the 310, was the stock and the use of white spacers in front of the butt plate.

Regards

Lakey

Quote Originally Posted by Lakey View Post
    I will get the gun out tomorrow and have a look. PM me your e-mail address and I will send you some photos Matt. From what I can gather the production period was 1991 to 1993 only, hence the rarity of this particular model. The main difference with the 310, was the stock and the use of white spacers in front of the butt plate.

Regards

Lakey
    Pm sent,
    Many thanks