Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New vid: 100yrs Air Pistols pt4 1979-1989

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Is no one going to point out the typo in the video ??😉
    I know I spelt Phoenix wrong.
    Wish I’d had a Hammerli co2 pistol in one of the earlier videos too.

Cheers,
    Matt

I loved the video...then spent a good chunk of the morning watching and bookmarking all four parts, plus the one on recoilless pistols!

The HW 45 is one of my favorite airguns - yet, I understand those who hate it! Fully agree he styling is awful, but love the power, trigger, and classic 1911 grip.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Matt watching how easily you cocked that Hy-Score Sporter, it wasn't so much a silencer/muzzle break as a cocking aid.
    I agree, never really tried to cock it that way. They used to say you couldn’t sell these in the US given it was a silencer. They are just a fake tube cocking aid, but look so cool. Selling them now here with no issue.

Actually the pistol I have the most affection for in the Part 4 video is the Diana model 4.
    I've had a couple of these and they are so tragic they're actually quite lovable - sort of ugly lovely if that makes sense.
    I think they run about 1.5 ftlbs so no good for much beyond 10yds but nice to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Biker_Bob View Post
    Actually the pistol I have the most affection for in the Part 4 video is the Diana model 4.
    I've had a couple of these and they are so tragic they're actually quite lovable - sort of ugly lovely if that makes sense.
    I think they run about 1.5 ftlbs so no good for much beyond 10yds but nice to shoot.
    I agree, I only bought it to show where the Zenit design ended up... but although its very low powered I found it quite accurate with Falcon Accuracy plus (A lot of my very low powered pistols seem to like these)
    I found a tiny bit of up and down play in the barrel with the cocking lever closed, so put a thin leather shim under the cocking lever above the breech which pushed it down when shooting and made for a consistent and effective breech closure. I could hit that 10yd spinner most of the time but when I came to film it the shim must have fallen out because the zero was off.

It was a shame because it was the last pistol in part 3, and up till then I had shot the previous 8 pistols in one continuous take. on all the other episodes there is usually one or two cuts in a 9 pistol string.

It's nicely balanced, seems to have a pseudo two stage trigger, the rearsight is adjustable and it's low powered so has hardly any recoil, best of all the rear plug wont fly out and hit you in the eye!
    Despite it's cheapo character I think it's a surprisingly pleasant little pistol which deserves it's own short video just to show it's accuracy potential.

Cheers,
    Matt