Thread: A Webley Junior pistol project?

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice

A Webley Junior pistol project?

I currently have a Webley Junior pistol and a Slavia ZVP that have been posted out for a few people to try.
    It has got me thinking again about a Webley Junior pistol -------to tinker with. As I'm getting older, I cannot see me buying or doing many more guns, but there is something about the Webley pistols------and the Junior. For something with so few parts, which can cause problems with age and abuse, there is just something about them---------( small, cute, will still function after being used as a club) . Then when you throw in the thing of rough ones often plink well , it can get to you.

So ----if anyone has a cheap, rough example, (Or lumps of one) please keep me in mind. I'm not bothered about finish or if it has grips, so long as I'm in with a chance of getting it plinking ok. Even a Junior Mk2 would be suitable , as this will probably be another gun that will end up being posted around for people to try.

Thanks
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

I don't have an old Junior but wondered how you got on with the Slavia Guy?

We have had several of these lately and they are well made but can we hit anything with them?....

They all seem to shoot irritatingly high despite the huge foresight and back sight as low as it can go. Even so, they still seem much harder to shoot than one might imagine.

The only luck I've had was by using the heaviest pellets I could find!

Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by steve medlock View Post
    I don't have an old Junior but wondered how you got on with the Slavia Guy?

We have had several of these lately and they are well made but can we hit anything with them?....

They all seem to shoot irritatingly high despite the huge foresight and back sight as low as it can go. Even so, they still seem much harder to shoot than one might imagine.

The only luck I've had was by using the heaviest pellets I could find!

Steve.
    I've found that the Slavias shoot high Steve. I put it down to them more or less being a copy of the Diana Modell 5 (But better in my opinion) and there was a thread on here that the Krauts used to sight on the bottom of the target rather than the bull, so they shoot high. The S2 has the same problem.

I'm pretty sure that the later Slavias with the lighter coloured grips had a higher foresight.
    On the Anotherairgunblog site , he made up a taller foresight.

I think the knack is Steve, to keep standing further back until the sight is on
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    softer/lighter pellets can also help a pistol shoot lower, due to exiting earlier in the muzzle flip/recoil cycle
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

@ggggr I managed about half an hour trying your zvp out today.
    Yes definitely a tad high, but I do like it.
    Ill hang onto it for the next weekend, then post it on. I reckon Ill watch out for a one to add to me other pistols.
    I may try a trade wanted ad for one of me rifles.
    ATB
    Dan

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    I havea Junior Mk2 in the loft that I'm not doing anything with at the moment. I will need to find the bits for the trigger though (don't know if I'll be able to find it all), and one grip is missing.
    Would that be of any use to you?
    By the way, I'm looking for a front sight and at least 1 front stock screw for a Milbro/Diana G27.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

A big "THANK YOU" to the man above. The pistol arrived today and is in pretty decent nick. I've stripped it down,checked it and fitted a new mainspring and managed a quick (Bloody miserable weather) plink. Once I've put a few more shots through it, it will be going onwards to a nice chap who struggles with the bigger pistols now. to plink with.

Ps the foresight will be on its way shortly----And have a bump to see if anyone can find the stock screws for you.

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by ggggr View Post
    A big "THANK YOU" to the man above. The pistol arrived today and is in pretty decent nick. I've stripped it down,checked it and fitted a new mainspring and managed a quick (Bloody miserable weather) plink. Once I've put a few more shots through it, it will be going onwards to a nice chap who struggles with the bigger pistols now. to plink with.

Ps the foresight will be on its way shortly----And have a bump to see if anyone can find the stock screws for you.
    No problem. I'm just glad someone will get some use out of it.
    So, does anyone have any front stock screws for a Milbro G27? I think the screws for the Mod 27, Mod 25 or any of the G series rifles would fit.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Quote Originally Posted by ggggr View Post
    A bump up for the stock screws for Harry and a bump up for a cheapo Slavia ZVP if Guitar Dan is after one now?
    Yes I will startvme hunt for a zvp plinker now @ggggr
    ATB
    Dan

Just a quick update. I got the ok to post off the pistol to the chap it is going to and it has now arrived.
    I included a rough (very rough) set of wooden grips that were bonded to the frame of an earlier Junior I bought the other year. I also sent the old mainspring so he can attempt to re temper it if he wants---------although it was shooting fine with the new spring I fitted. I also widened the rearsight notch a little to make it a bit easier for old eyes to focus. I've suggested a bit of paint of a colour of choice on the foresight as well.

RFD had a shpment of Chinese break barrel pistols in that all shot too high. I made slightly thicker breach seals which made the barrels tip down very slightly to shoot correctly at about 15 metres.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD