Thread: Weirauch hw45. Barrels.

Weirauch hw45. Barrels.

With reference to the above, the 45 is one of my favourite pistols, i have had one for years. Powerful and accurate. I do have the original .177 cal. (preferred ) and also spare barrels in .20 and 22 cal. What if any have used the latter two cals. in the 45 and your verdict on your preference and perhaps what pellets one prefers ,

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    I'd quite like a .20 barrel to see what they're like...

Whats with the moved announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    I'd quite like a .20 barrel to see what they're like...
    as above.

Me too...

I much prefer them in .22 the shot cycle is less harsh and hence I find the accuracy better in many circumstances.
    I also like the increased slam a .22 pellet puts into the target vs the .177
    I've got three at the moment, all in .22

Mine is a.22" and is good with RWS superdomes and flatheads. I have never tried to extract extreme accuracy but for plinking fun it cannot be bettered.
    In fact shooting at an empty, suspended 1 litre orange juice carton at 20-25 yds is a hoot, especially the noise a good hit makes 😁
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

I have them in.177 and .22 and love them in both these "standard" calibres.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Now .25 would be interesting....

I have just sold the last of my .25 barrels. Made by Harper Classics in brass. Proper tin can bashers. Col.

Shortened OEM spring, decent piston seal and TbT guide set .177 Black Star....... only makes 4.5ft/lb on full power with 7.33gr JSB, but with iron or red dot sights it scares the beejezus out of tin cans out to 25m

Would I try another calibre? Yep, but as it is kept purely for the grin factor got from rattling tin cans the .25 that has been mentioned in this thread would definitely be worth a try
    TX200 .177 21mm TL | TX200HC .22 22mm TL | Prosport .22 22mm TL
    HW40 | HW45 | Diana Mod5 | Webley Senior....... Because PCP is like kissing your sister (apparently)

Quote Originally Posted by colin g View Post
    I have just sold the last of my .25 barrels. Made by Harper Classics in brass. Proper tin can bashers. Col.
    When the tx200 i have in the sales was change to .25, it only need half the barrel blank, i still have the other half of it might see about getting it machined down to fit the 45

Quote Originally Posted by robthedog View Post
    When the tx200 i have in the sales was change to .25, it only need half the barrel blank, i still have the other half of it might see about getting it machined down to fit the 45
    DM80 on here Rob, Dave has done a few for me so no problem getting something turned down in any cal as its only a short length. Col.

Quote Originally Posted by colin g View Post
    DM80 on here Rob, Dave has done a few for me so no problem getting something turned down in any cal as its only a short length. Col.
    Thanks

The Doctor is offline It's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to
    .20 was good fun, but it was a pain the bum to source a decent, reliable tin of pellets - most shops dont have .20 stock, so I sold my barrel and just stuck with the .177
    Please tear carefully along the perforation.