Thread: Old Tasco question

Old Tasco question

Hi All,

I recently picked up an old Tasco W 4-16x40. It was bought sight unseen and when I got it I have found it has an unusual reticle.

It has stadia lines going the full width of the sight picture and is a fine line ret. Its not the TR one. I'll try and attach a pic here. I've never seen this before and have never seen it listed, in the dim recesses of my mind I seem to remeber a chap offering alternative reticles back in the early days of FT but dont know if it could be anything like that.

I just wanted to ask the collective if they've seen anything like this before.

https://ibb.co/GQg99zf

Thanks
    Garrick

Back in the 1980's early 90's Graham Bluck, designer of the Dragon rifle, also offered custom crosshairs, but that looks too clean and bright to be one?

Tasco

Custom job for sure. Not a stock tasco. A friend of mine has a Tasco ag 2-7 with mil dot fitted. Haven't a clue who did it. Mach 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by airgunwerks View Post
    Back in the 1980's early 90's Graham Bluck, designer of the Dragon rifle, also offered custom crosshairs, but that looks too clean and bright to be one?
    That's who it was, I remeber seeing some scopes with red and blue bits in and everything. The scope is filthy and I've not had opportunity to clean the lenses properly. The ret is a little hairy in places which added to me thinking it was custom but it still looks pretty clear and usable.

Garrick

I'd say that was one of Graham Bluck's. He switched to a lighter acetate later on, which although still not brilliant, was a big improvement over his earlier offerings.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation