Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New on the Saleroom auction site

New on the Saleroom auction site

A new batch added to the Saleroom site today, with some nice pistols, Pardini P10, B96, Morini which might interest some on here. the auctioneers is Dukes. The bit I’m interested in is that these pistols listing says they are from, Provenance: The Donald Davis Air Gun Collection, does anyone know anything about this person, collection? general search doesn’t come up with a hit.

I did also notice a fixer up Relum Repetier going for a very low estimate. JS Auctioneers in Oxfordshire selling that one on Wednesday. Some nice pieces on there at the minute.
    Hungarian donkey sanctuary

There are several very interesting pistols now listed for auction here including a Cogswell & Harrison Certus and this extremely rare Anson’s Star. Although it has issues including an incorrect pellet seater, these are ultra rare and very desirable even in poor condition. Once again the estimate is ridiculously low to lure potential buyers to come along and bid.

https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/a...fce9c4a78a6a1b

Brian

I hate the low “estimate” calculated to draw one in. Bonhams apparently expect you to believe that you can buy, from them, a Manx Norton frame with a V5.

Must be in their Fantasy Island saleroom.

ATB, Mick
    When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns .

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    There are several very interesting pistols now listed for auction here including a Cogswell & Harrison Certus and this extremely rare Anson’s Star. Although it has issues including an incorrect pellet seater, these are ultra rare and very desirable even in poor condition. Once again the estimate is ridiculously low to lure potential buyers to come along and bid.

Brian
    The Certus and Anson certainly come up for auction only very, very rarely, but the same auction house is also offering one pistol that I have never seen at auction for more than 40 years or more. It is one that Robert Beeman was very keen to get but never managed to nail:

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    And another very very rare pistol is the Haenel model 50, l have only ever seen one other for sale, in all my years of collecting.

Please tell us what air gun it was that Robert Beeman never nailed Please?

Could you please us what air gun Robert Beeman tried to buy and failed to nail for 40 years.

I do not know the air pistol pictured. I will try to look it up in my favorite book - "The Encycloedia of Spring Air Pistol 13th ed. "

Thank you,

Randall

Quote Originally Posted by Re01312 View Post
    Could you please us what air gun Robert Beeman tried to buy and failed to nail for 40 years.

I do not know the air pistol pictured. I will try to look it up in my favorite book - "The Encycloedia of Spring Air Pistol 13th ed. "

Thank you,

Randall

Hi Randall,
    It is the little Bergmann pistol that was sold in the UK by Frank Clarke as the 'Bulldog' . It is on page 132 of the second edition Encyclopedia
    (not the 13th edition - I don't think I will live that long!)
    Cheers
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Re01312 View Post

Thank you,

Randall
    This one
    https://forum.vintageairgunsgallery....little-nipper/

Can someone explain to me why this thread has clocked up almost 3000 views in two days? Must be a record for this forum, or a glitch in the system!

Quote Originally Posted by ccdjg View Post
    Can someone explain to me why this thread has clocked up almost 3000 views in two days? Must be a record for this forum, or a glitch in the system!
    Somethings going on, ‘bsa super sport’ post from 10 days ago has racked up 10,000 views and in the past few days some pretty run of the mill posts are getting 4-5000 views.

Go back further and your back into the hundreds.

Maybe some malware or bots?

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by micky2 View Post
    And another very very rare pistol is the Haenel model 50, l have only ever seen one other for sale, in all my years of collecting.
    I had one many years ago and sold it to the late Keith Bayliss. Wonder who has it now?

I think he is/was an American collector?
    Cheers, Phil

I bought a mod 50 from Gunstar 10+ years ago. It's in fair condition but the wooden pull knob is split and only half remains. Was it the one you spotted?, it's the only one I've seen...
    Last edited by Epicyclic; 05-02-2024 at 08:15 PM.

The Haenel Model 50 is a very desirable piece that I have been tracking along with the other Haenel air pistols. I have documented 25 examples, both short & long barrel versions and have been very fortunate to acquire a few of the Mod 50.