Thread: Valuation ( sort of) H.W.35 E.

Valuation ( sort of) H.W.35 E.

Good evening gents, further to my post on the Airsporter, the other rifle belonging to my late friend is as per the title,
    I'm attached to this one as I sold it to him circa 1997/8, I needed the money due to upcoming nuptials, it was in first class condition then, sadly that's no longer the case, like the B.S.A. it was well rusted which I've cleaned up to make it presentable the action is good, smooth to cock & seems to shoot well but needs a scope as the one on it isn't much use, there is no aperture or post in the front sight & the knurled nut that secures the sight in position is missing, no doubt that's easily replaced, The stock has a few worm holes in it but I can do a refurb on that, so the question is again what would be a fair price to offer his widow should I decide to keep it or sell it on?
    Again thanks for your input,.
    Elwellaxe.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Please show us pictures as the description makes it sound in very poor condition, I’ve not actually heard of an airgun on here described as having woodworm. At the moment it sounds like it would be worth about £60 as it’s basically been trashed through neglect. Most money would be stripping it and selling the parts on y-Bay.

So if it’s your pals widow then £100 would be generous and appropriate.

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Another £50 valuation from me, TBH, if you gave her £100 for the pair it's more than she will get anywhere else, your just saving her the grief of dealing with them.
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

It does sound quite neglected…hard to judge without pictures or knowing if internals need attention. Anything above £60-70 would be very generous!

The barrel is worth £40.00 internals probably £30 so £100.00 is very fair .

I bought one in similar condition for £90.00 some time ago .

Hw35e

It's for your late friend's widow..as above £100. Mach 1.5

£80 -£100 .....the stock has wood worn from sight bits missing and rusted ....not good .

H.w. 35e

Thank you for your inputs Gents, I will go with the £100 as I know she just wanted them out of the house, I will probably keep the H.W. still undecided about the B.S.A. but I'm sure I can find it a good home, don't like splitting for spares If it's shootable.
    Thanks again,
    Elwellaxe.