Thread: Best value pellets for just plinking but something that will not ruin seals?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Best value pellets for just plinking but something that will not ruin seals?

Checking out on what pellets to use and it seems the old Crosmans have fallen out of favour and not what they used to be.

I used to get boxes of 1250 for around £9 or £10. For that it seems I can buy a tin of mostly deformed pellets and some swarf
    for added value.

What is the choice for target work and then something cheaper to use in the same gun just for plinking without all the added swarf?

Thanks

(probably going to buy the Reign M2) If that makes any difference although the cheaper Tacto-C /S looks nice and compact but is it as
    accurate as the M2?

Anything will do for plinking ? Depends how accurate you want them to be & expectations. Ask in your local shop if they have any damaged tins going cheap.
    Rabbit Stew, no artificial additives except lead.
    IF THE MUD REACHES YOUR KNEES GET OUT OF THE FIELD QUICK.
    WANTED. UNF MOD.

H&N do the 'Hammer' range and 'Econ' range of pellets which are normally pretty cheap.

gamo are cheap .22 250 tins £4

Quote Originally Posted by wickerman View Post
    gamo are cheap .22 250 tins £4
    My dad uses superfield as they are a reasonable slug and cheaper the cool kids choice.
    I still use Premiers and you can get them in tins of 500 now.
    VAYA CON DIOS

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    H&N do the 'Hammer' range and 'Econ' range of pellets which are normally pretty cheap.
    Another vote for these, was very impressed for the price.
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

Noticed a fair few of the cheaper pellets are flat heads not domed, does it save that much material?

Maybe a better question anything to avoid? Presume tipping them out onto a sheet to remove any dust/swarf would be a wise thing to do?

h and n econs are good value

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    Would be the way I'd go. I regularly use the Excite Hammers in .22 in a couple of my guns with good results.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

bsa elite are good pellets , you can get .22 from uttings for £4.99 for tin of 250 or £44 for 10 tins of 250 , or look at js ramsbottom as they might be cheaper slightly .
    i use either these or h&n ftt or jsb exact .

h and n very good