Page 73 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1433

Thread: Spring Bash 4th and 5th May 2024

Smile Sleepometer says

Ten to go, peeps.

BOING!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Segata is offline Has not one but two workbenches in his shed
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    On a slightly more serious note.......I'm not a PCP aficionado. But they're still airguns. And I love ALL airguns. Boingers, pump-ups, CO2 and, well, yes, PCPs. And I don't mind if they're cheapy little budget basic ones or finely engineered supreme instruments of fine precision. But what our sport / hobby needs is for us to stick together. To be united against any pressure from the anti-brigade, and what we don't need are more divisions. Shooters, too, come in all different shapes, sizes, ages and levels of experience and we must welcome everyone in and make them feel a valued part of our wonderful community.

But BOINGERS IS STILL BEST
    Only messing with them, besides even the real old Codgers can out run me as evidenced by the Old Dears around here beating me there and back from the local shops even having stopped to natter.
    You'll Shoot your eye out Kid

Chippendale is online now Well stuff me, you live and learn.
    Sounds lovely, Melv.
    It is tone I wish I hadn’t promised Nick I would by the Relum I would have bought this Cadet, it’s the best I’ve ever seen.

I realise now I should have put this in the Bash sales thread, I’m blaming old age. I

Cheers

Melv

Quote Originally Posted by Segata View Post
    Only messing with them, besides even the real old Codgers can out run me as evidenced by the Old Dears around here beating me there and back from the local shops even having stopped to natter.
    Yep; I knew you were just jesting, my good fellow.

Y'know, even when I think back to my first non-Boinger, at 17, those recoilless jobbies never really did it for me, personally. It was a Crosman 766. I didn't even mind the pumping (although it seemed a bit OTT compared to my Mercury's single cocking stroke). But when I squeezed (and squeezed and squeezed......) that creepy trigger, the total lack of movement, that "deadness" left me feeling cold. Despite the recoilless nature, and its ticket to "better" accuracy being the main selling point. It was accurate enough but it was that dead feeling that left me very underwhelmed and led to the Crosman being traded in for my FWB Sport. I later also owned two Innovas and an Ace. Neither lasted long in my tenure. The first time I shot a PCP was my friend's Daystate Huntsman, back in the mid-80s, and that left me feeling cold, too.

But I do enjoy my 1377s and 2240s. I like their more basic appeal and lower power for garden use.
    Half decent triggers, too. And their light weight means you also get some sort of "feel" and reaction from the hammer.

But I LOVE that proper pulse of a refined springer. Recoil that you have to manage. But once mastered is pure symbiotic harmony.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

I've got Gorilla grip and a large frame so it's unlikely I'd feel much at all, 880 gets a pass has the trigger mech has a noticable 'clunk' as it releases so I still get feedback.

Traffic news

The southbound junction on the A46 at the go kart track is open.

Specially for the boinger bash I shouldn't wonder.

I will drive down next week to make sure.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

Quote Originally Posted by Chippendale View Post
    It is tone I wish I hadn’t promised Nick I would by the Relum I would have bought this Cadet, it’s the best I’ve ever seen.

I realise now I should have put this in the Bash sales thread, I’m blaming old age. I

Cheers

Melv
    If the budget will allow, maybe better to get it, Melv. You might be able to easily re- home the Relum at The Bash.

I've got Gorilla grip and a large frame so it's unlikely I'd feel much at all, 880 gets a pass has the trigger mech has a noticable 'clunk' as it releases so I still get feedback.

I get that.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil54 View Post

Yay!

Great news, Neil.

Thank you for the update.

If I had the money I'd probably take the Cadet as it's on my wanted list but I do literally only have a tenner to my name so can't even say hold it as I've no idea when I'd get even enough to make an offer, hopefully Melv can sort it and get a sale to pay for his Relum.

Suns out for a bit so hopefully it stays out from now until after the bash up in Melton Morbray, was going to clean things up ready but decided on one last paint project as Berettas finish still bugs me, just grips for now though.
    I've ground out where the badges should be (they Checker patterned over it despite the circle being visible in some lights) and applied a primer coat so far, going to simulate wood and put a design in the badge area.
    The rest I'll do when I've got some more spray cans in as I'm thinking electric red on the slide to keep things compliant and may just leave frame alone as it's not so bad with the mould lines and is a metal flake blue Plastic.

It may be Airsoft but it's officially a Boinger.

Chippendale is online now Well stuff me, you live and learn.
    If I had the money I'd probably take the Cadet as it's on my wanted list but I do literally only have a tenner to my name so can't even say hold it as I've no idea when I'd get even enough to make an offer, hopefully Melv can sort it and get a sale to pay for his Relum.
    I don’t need to sell the Cadet to finance the Relum, the Cadet is not mine , as I stated in my original post, I’m selling it for a fellow bell target member.

Melv

Chippendale (with clothes on)

Beg your pardon, I get confused easiley, well either way I wish luck in it's sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil54 View Post

Great, cheers Neil
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

On a slightly more serious note.......I'm not a PCP aficionado. But they're still airguns. And I love ALL airguns. Boingers, pump-ups, CO2 and, well, yes, PCPs. And I don't mind if they're cheapy little budget basic ones or finely engineered supreme instruments of fine precision. But what our sport / hobby needs is for us to stick together. To be united against any pressure from the anti-brigade, and what we don't need are more divisions. Shooters, too, come in all different shapes, sizes, ages and levels of experience and we must welcome everyone in and make them feel a valued part of our wonderful community.

But BOINGERS IS STILL BEST
    That is a very inclusive & laudable sentiment, non the less we do hope they are way down the far end of our wonderful community with their own toilets & what not.

Do not sell this man any air guns no matter what he says