Page 102 of 102 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102
Results 1,516 to 1,524 of 1524

Thread: Spring Bash 4th and 5th May 2024

Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    When I saw the gun that Nick Gibney made I was so impressed with the engineering that went into it, not knowing what it was straight away I watched the stock for movement when the first shot was taken and obviously it stayed dead still, to which I made a comment saying that the gun didn't move. It was only when I watched the next shot that I realised it had a sled system fitted, plus the scope was on a moving rail. Absolutely fantastic.
    Awesome, wasn't it, Gary?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    No worries, Melv; glad to have been of service.

I think it was Les, Pete and Pete who helped out also. And, of course, Pete, flyingfish, who bought the Wasps.

That Original / Diana is still going round in my head. What a bloody lovely thing that is.
    Well if I hadn't of spent all my money, then I would have given the 34 a home, if you still have it at the next bash Melv and I have the money, then it can join my other 34, I don't think I've seen such deep and shiny bluing on a production Diana.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

flyingfish is online now I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Well if I hadn't of spent all my money, then I would have given the 34 a home, if you still have it at the next bash Melv and I have the money, then it can join my other 34, I don't think I've seen such deep and shiny bluing on a production Diana.
    Pete is in danger of being over run by Germans!!
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    I have to say Pete, normally I wouldn't take a second glance at anything like that, and I have to admit that the stock is very bland and all my usual hangups that would normally kick in, have sort of been overshadowed by the amazing metalwork.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

I have to say Pete, normally I wouldn't take a second glance at anything like that, and I have to admit that the stock is very bland and all my usual hangups that would normally kick in, have sort of been overshadowed by the amazing metalwork.
    It also shot beautifully (we know where it came from) and has that fantastic provenance. It will be a special buy for someone. Wish it were me........

P.S....and with the T01 trigger perfectly adjusted.....again, The Man most certainly knew his stuff.

Just trying to make amends, as they say.

Quote Originally Posted by Chippendale View Post
    It was good to meet all the old and new attendees, I'm sorry but I can not remember names and, faces yes but names i just can't recall. For those that can remember a few years ago, I asked members to wear the name badges that Mick provided so that I we knew who was who. I'm not suggesting that Neil does the same but could members when we meet tell me who they are, Forum name and first name and I will know.

Same here, hopeless with names, esp when there are so many people, I'd like to think it's age but always been like that

If whoever had the Diana piston & trigger for sale sees this can you pm me if you will sell the piston by it's self. I have an old Original model 50 with a damaged leather seal, if the dimensions are the same this would be great way of being able to use modern seals & get the power up a bit (currently about 7 ft/lbs ) . Thanks.

Do not sell this man any air guns no matter what he says

Chippendale is online now Well stuff me, you live and learn.
    Thank you Pete, I cant think I will sell it anywhere else, I usually only sell face to face and it is usually at the Bash. Nobody was interested at the Bell Target Club and as the club and the 'Bash' are the only places I meet prospective buyers, it is unlikely it will be sold before then.
    As Tony has mentioned, the original owner was a perfectionist when it came to guns conditions.
    I can never say which 'Bash' I'm going to but I'm definitely going to at least one this year and but i'm never sure which one, it is always a late decision. That's why Neil lets me pay on the day.

PS i only know to call you Pete because Flingfish mentioned it in his post, I will have forgotton by the next 'Bash', sorry.

Cheers

Melv.

Chippendale,
    Last edited by Chippendale; Today at 12:19 PM.