Page 40 of 79 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Bash 4th and 5th May 2024

Quote Originally Posted by Waddy View Post
    That's right rub it in, thought I'd gone well over board these 3 months since Christmas & then you wave that HW 45 under my nose,

God help me if the wife starts poking around my man cave.

You definitely wont regret a 45. Superb fun once you get the hang of them. Im after the Bronze star next to go with the other three i've got

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    38 sleeps to go, peeps.

BOING!
    Not long now!!! Oh yes Churchill!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Segata View Post
    Atm could definately do with that, Mouths on fire and I can feel it over my normal level of pain killers and this cold things still knocking me for 6 too but Dentist banned the booze while on Antibiotics.
    Sadly though if I get there I don't think it'd be more than one day as I can't afford a hotel and with my back I pretty much can only sleep on a proper bed without feeling like hell the following day.
    I'm hoping my new Duck Ferris wheel arrives soon to cheer me up, pondering motorising it but wound have to get the ratio right so I don't burn out the motors I have while still getting the speed right.
    Hope you're feeling better soon. It really sounds like you're going through the wringer right now.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    The only problem I find is the money to gun ratio, and the cost of most 45s is the same as a nice rifle and I just don't feel you get enough gun for your money.
    I do know what you mean, Pete. But think quality over quantity. They really are very special things. Lovely triggers. For home use at close range I often reach for a pistol over a rifle, especially for a shorter session. Granted, they ain't cheap, matey, but quality never comes cheap.....
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    You definitely wont regret a 45. Superb fun once you get the hang of them. Im after the Bronze star next to go with the other three i've got
    Nice.

Not long now!!! Oh yes Churchill!!!
    Oh yes indeedy, Mikey.

Segata is online now Has not one but two workbenches in his shed
    Dark dank and rainy again today, no Ferris wheel yet to play with but theres always tomorrow.

Thanks Tony, hoping symptoms ease soon, I'm going to grab more of the medicated Mouthwash stuff Friday if I'm up to it which should hopefully help.
    You'll Shoot your eye out Kid

I do like the look of the Bronze & Black star versions, depending how I take to the standard 45, one will end up on the wish list more than likely.

It'll be interesting to compare the 45 to my Crosman 2240, it's .22 like the 45 I've bought and also right up next to the power limit for pistols, and quite accurate at 10 yards.
    Do not sell this man any air guns no matter what he says

I also have a couple of 2240s. Great fun; honest little no-frills guns.

But you're going to absolutely love the 45 for its sheer character and feel and superb trigger.

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Pistols!!
    Just faulty bloody boomerangs (says the man that last hit anything with one in 1978)
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    I also have a couple of 2240s. Great fun; honest little no-frills guns.

But you're going to absolutely love the 45 for its sheer character and feel and superb trigger.

The trigger is the only weak point of the 2240 in that it's a bit agricultural, I was going to buy a two stage one from Alliance Hobbies in the US, but I've blown the budget for now

The amount of mods there are for the crosmans is incredible, went a bit nuts on it when I first got it, then got a chrono. Tested it and , certain of those mods got removed sharpish & put away in the back of a drawer !

Got two Wiehrauch rifles so I know the feel & quality of the 45 will be excellent.
    Do not sell this man any air guns no matter what he says

I do like the look of the Bronze & Black star versions, depending how I take to the standard 45, one will end up on the wish list more than likely.

It'll be interesting to compare the 45 to my Crosman 2240, it's .22 like the 45 I've bought and also right up next to the power limit for pistols, and quite accurate at 10 yards.

That will definitely be a good comparison. Does your 45 have the two power settings? Half and full cock ? If you do have them it's worth finding which is your preference to use and set the zero for that one. The zero changes dramatically between power settings due to the difference in recoil I believe.

That will definitely be a good comparison. Does your 45 have the two power settings? Half and full cock ? If you do have them it's worth finding which is your preference to use and set the zero for that one. The zero changes dramatically between power settings due to the difference in recoil I believe.
    Full cock! Fnarr 🤣

Segata is online now Has not one but two workbenches in his shed
    There was a delivery while I slept, sadly not something to numb these barsteward gums and teeth but something for a bit of happiness, the Duck Ferris wheel.
    Not built it yet but growing quite tempted, looks like it'll be as tall as Roe so not a tiny thing and the centre is really quite robust so a sprocket or pulley could be added without too much trouble.
    You'll Shoot your eye out Kid

The trigger is the only weak point of the 2240 in that it's a bit agricultural, I was going to buy a two stage one from Alliance Hobbies in the US, but I've blown the budget for now

The amount of mods there are for the crosmans is incredible, went a bit nuts on it when I first got it, then got a chrono. Tested it and , certain of those mods got removed sharpish & put away in the back of a drawer !

Got two Wiehrauch rifles so I know the feel & quality of the 45 will be excellent.
    Yes, I know what you mean re not getting tempted to get too carried away with all those mods available for the 2240. Luckily I didn't fall into that rabbit hole and kept the spend sensible, in keeping with the pistol's ethos. One of mine is standard. The other I turned into a "mini-carbine" with the shoulder stock and sports the steel breech which homes a red dot. Great fun..
    I don't think the triggers are TOO bad (I also have two 1377s). Mine are all standard. By the looks of it they can be improved quite dramatically, though, by simple, cheap means, like a little polishing, lubing and weaker spring?