Thread: Butt pads

Question Butt pads

Trying to decide which butt pad should go onto my Cindy's shooting shop walnut stock for the diana 52.....bisley looks too common now or do I hold out for a wegu to come up for sale
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

Butt pads, eh? Possibly the most unfortunately named shooting accessory!

But.....I think you need a nice, upmarket one to compliment that quality stock, J.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Made of gold with diamond inlay?
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

I've got 2 Wegu's in the cupboard.

Ain't karma a bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Neil54 View Post
    Made of gold with diamond inlay?
    A bit rare and only cost £80 plus p&p good old protek supplies

Segata is offline Has not one but two workbenches in his shed
    Could always approach a leather craftsman and see if they'll make one, decent layered hide with maybe a Nappa outer for comfort and stamped with a mark unique to you or the Gun.
    You'll Shoot your eye out Kid

Quote Originally Posted by Segata View Post
    Could always approach a leather craftsman and see if they'll make one, decent layered hide with maybe a Nappa outer for comfort and stamped with a mark unique to you or the Gun.
    You still up for Monday ? Might even bring my fwb 124 to handle

Segata is offline Has not one but two workbenches in his shed
    Yeah, pretty much always in although Care workers back Wednesday afternoon I think so can't do much then but otherwise if I'm awake you're welcome to visit any time.
    You'll Shoot your eye out Kid

Quote Originally Posted by Segata View Post
    Yeah, pretty much always in although Care workers back Wednesday afternoon I think so can't do much then but otherwise if I'm awake you're welcome to visit any time.
    Great see you then

Quote Originally Posted by joffy View Post
    Trying to decide which butt pad should go onto my Cindy's shooting shop walnut stock for the diana 52.....bisley looks too common now or do I hold out for a wegu to come up for sale
    My HW80 Venom Tyrolean stock Bisley butt pad sprayed with etching primer then silk black & using the original Pachmayr white line Recoil Pad

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by palace; Today at 12:22 PM. Reason: spelling
    AA S410K:Cardew modified Mk1 HW80 4mmTP, barrel shortened no choke Venom Tyrolean stock Titan Accelerator spring, TbT top hat & guide :CZ 16"bbl .22LR Varmint:12bore MOB O/U: Webley 812 auto:.308 Surgeon/Border barrel by Dave Wylde now Valkyrie Rifles BASC/NRA

Quote Originally Posted by palace View Post
    My HW80 Tyrolean stock Bisley butt pad sprayed with etching primer then silk black & using the original Pachmayr white line Recoil Pad

[IMG][/IMG]
    This stocks fitting holes are quite close together so I've had to redrill the bottom one as the butt isn't that wide on the stock ......I have a hw98 pad here that looks nice but is too large though and there's no meat on it to grind it down

Just done a bit of measuring up and a standard hw97 pad fits ......I have one attached to a 97 stock that my nephews having

This stocks fitting holes are quite close together so I've had to redrill the bottom one as the butt isn't that wide on the stock ......I have a hw98 pad here that looks nice but is too large though and there's no meat on it to grind it down
    My HW80 Tyrolean stock Bisley butt pad sprayed with etching primer then silk black & using the original Pachmayr white line Recoil Pad

[IMG][/IMG]
    Just done a bit of measuring up and a standard hw97 pad fits ......I have one attached to a 97 stock that my nephews having
    I have Bisley/Gun Tough modified pads on all long guns including shotguns. I make a card template of the stock end then grind the aluminium butt pad to size. I use the original thread holes in the recoil pad & drill & chamfer the holes in the adjustable aluminium mount using another card template. The hardest part to keep neat is drilling the recoil pad centrally to allow access to the Bisley/Gun Tough adjustment screw...

Addendum :
    I have just seen another clone by GMK
    Last edited by palace; Today at 10:30 AM. Reason: ADDENDUM
    AA S410K:Cardew modified Mk1 HW80 4mmTP, barrel shortened no choke Venom Tyrolean stock Titan Accelerator spring, TbT top hat & guide :CZ 16"bbl .22LR Varmint:12bore MOB O/U: Webley 812 auto:.308 Surgeon/Border barrel by Dave Wylde now Valkyrie Rifles BASC/NRA

I have Bisley/Gun Tough modified pads on all long guns including shotguns. I make a card template of the stock end then grind the aluminium butt pad to size. I use the original thread holes in the recoil pad & drill & chamfer the holes in the adjustable aluminium mount using another card template. The hardest part to keep neat is drilling the recoil pad centrally to allow access to the Bisley/Gun Tough adjustment screw...

Addendum :
    I have just seen another clone by GMK
    Used them on most of mine to but .....this is a classic stock