Thread: Spring Bash 4th and 5th May 2024

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Chippendale is offline Well stuff me, you live and learn.
    I would also especially like to thank Tony and I think it was Les, can't remember who the other members were, refer to previous post, sorry chaps, for their comments regarding the value and condition of a couple of guns and the pellet tins, it was very much appreciated.

Thanks all

Melv

Chippendale. (with clothes on)

No worries, Melv; glad to have been of service.

I think it was Les, Pete and Pete who helped out also. And, of course, Pete, flyingfish, who bought the Wasps.

That Original / Diana is still going round in my head. What a bloody lovely thing that is.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    No worries, Melv; glad to have been of service.

I think it was Les, Pete and Pete who helped out also. And, of course, Pete, flyingfish, who bought the Wasps.

That Original / Diana is still going round in my head. What a bloody lovely thing that is.
    Well if I hadn't of spent all my money, then I would have given the 34 a home, if you still have it at the next bash Melv and I have the money, then it can join my other 34, I don't think I've seen such deep and shiny bluing on a production Diana.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

flyingfish is online now I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Well if I hadn't of spent all my money, then I would have given the 34 a home, if you still have it at the next bash Melv and I have the money, then it can join my other 34, I don't think I've seen such deep and shiny bluing on a production Diana.
    Pete is in danger of being over run by Germans!!
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    I have to say Pete, normally I wouldn't take a second glance at anything like that, and I have to admit that the stock is very bland and all my usual hangups that would normally kick in, have sort of been overshadowed by the amazing metalwork.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

I have to say Pete, normally I wouldn't take a second glance at anything like that, and I have to admit that the stock is very bland and all my usual hangups that would normally kick in, have sort of been overshadowed by the amazing metalwork.
    It also shot beautifully (we know where it came from) and has that fantastic provenance. It will be a special buy for someone. Wish it were me........

P.S....and with the T01 trigger perfectly adjusted.....again, The Man most certainly knew his stuff.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Just trying to make amends, as they say.

Chippendale is offline Well stuff me, you live and learn.
    Thank you Pete, I cant think I will sell it anywhere else, I usually only sell face to face and it is usually at the Bash. Nobody was interested at the Bell Target Club and as the club and the 'Bash' are the only places I meet prospective buyers, it is unlikely it will be sold before then.
    As Tony has mentioned, the original owner was a perfectionist when it came to guns conditions.
    I can never say which 'Bash' I'm going to but I'm definitely going to at least one this year and but i'm never sure which one, it is always a late decision. That's why Neil lets me pay on the day.

PS i only know to call you Pete because Flingfish mentioned it in his post, I will have forgotton by the next 'Bash', sorry.

Cheers

Melv.

Chippendale,
    Last edited by Chippendale; 06-05-2024 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chippendale View Post
    Thank you Pete, I cant think I will sell it anywhere else, I usually only sell face to face and it is usually at the Bash. Nobody was interested at the Bell Target Club and as the club and the 'Bash' are the only places I meet prospective buyers, it is unlikely it will be sold before then.
    As Tony has mentioned, the original owner was a perfectionist when it came to guns conditions.
    I can never say which 'Bash' I'm going to but I'm definitely going to at least one this year and but i'm never sure which one, it is always a late decision. That's why Neil lets me pay on the day.

PS i only know to call you Pete because Flingfish mentioned it in his post, I will have forgotton by the next 'Bash', sorry.

Cheers

Melv.

Chippendale,
    Not a problem Melv, it's taken me a couple of years to remember people's names, if you still have it at any of the next bashes then I'll come and see you but I'm sure Tony will be badgering the crap out of me to buy it and he'll point you in my direction, I'll put some money aside for it.

Hellequin is offline I used to be indecisive.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippendale View Post

Cheers

Melv.

Chippendale,
    Check your messages Melv, I PM'd you about it this morning
    Wyrd bið ful aræd

Quote Originally Posted by Hellequin View Post
    Check your messages Melv, I PM'd you about it this morning
    If you can give it a good home Paul, then please go ahead and add it yo your collection

Hellequin is offline I used to be indecisive.....
    If you can give it a good home Paul, then please go ahead and add it yo your collection
    I'd love to Pete, I just couldn't do it at the Bash. Don't want to step on any toes though so I'll wait to hear from Melv
    Last edited by Hellequin; 06-05-2024 at 03:43 PM.
    Wyrd bið ful aræd