Thread: Best Contemporary Pellets

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration

Best Contemporary Pellets

What’s the consensus on the best pellets today?

I haven’t followed this story, last time I checked it was the JSB and it’s rebadged brethren, and the H&N FTT.

Curiously I found that RWS Superfield worked really well both in my BSA PCP and my Weihrauch springers. I’ve run out of the big batch I had now. I loathe doing pellet tests so I like a nice narrow set of likely suspects, hopefully no more than three.

JSB Exact or Hades in .25 & .22, FTT in .20, I don't shoot .177 but hear lots of good things about QYS.

Strangely with the badged JSB's in .22, AA & FX seem fine but Rangemaster Sovereign just aren't as good.

Segata is offline Has not one but two workbenches in his shed
    Perhaps we should have catagories, Best overall, best hunter, best budget etc, could actually make a good sticky so you don't get so many what pellets should I get threads.
    You'll Shoot your eye out Kid

In .177 I'm loving the H&N FTT and Baracuda FT. I have Baracuda 8s to test also. All the HWs I've tried the H&Ns in seem to love them and you don't seem to get those massive variations you hear about with JSB and different batches. For my .22 HW springers, the same applies with the FTT.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    In .177 I'm loving the H&N FTT and Baracuda FT. I have Baracuda 8s to test also. All the HWs I've tried the H&Ns in seem to love them and you don't seem to get those massive variations you hear about with JSB and different batches. For my .22 HW springers, the same applies with the FTT.
    A reassuringly traditional selection. I’ve got some Barracudas somewhere, should give them a try. I’ve heard people praise the 8s at the club so I should give them a try as well. On the advice of this thread I’ve put my prejudice aside and bought some of these here special QYS magic Chinese pellets, although I note they don’t come at a typical Chinese price.