Thread: Pellet recommendations

Pellet recommendations

Evening, I’m after a cheap pellet for target shooting in the garden at 20 yards. I’m using a BSA Supersport in .177. I’ve got 5 tins of air arms Diablo fields but can’t justify using nearly £17 a tin pellets to punch paper at short distance with a budget springer. Has anyone tried h&n hammer, econs etc?? If anyone can recommend a decent pellet for the job at around £8 per tin it’d be appreciated. Thanks

flyingfish is online now I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardenratter View Post
    Evening, I’m after a cheap pellet for target shooting in the garden at 20 yards. I’m using a BSA Supersport in .177. I’ve got 5 tins of air arms Diablo fields but can’t justify using nearly £17 a tin pellets to punch paper at short distance with a budget springer. Has anyone tried h&n hammer, econs etc?? If anyone can recommend a decent pellet for the job at around £8 per tin it’d be appreciated. Thanks
    Can't recommend pellets at that price point but I paid 130 for 10 tins of JSB a few weeks ago
    Pete

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    RWS Hobby good quality fast pellet for short range £7.99 per tin if you buy 20 tins. Cuts a nice round hole.

Hobby

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    RWS Hobby good quality fast pellet for short range under £9 a tin.
    I did used to use them in .22 as they smack things so well, the only thing that puts me off them now is when I tried them in .177 the head sizes differed by quite a margin, could’ve been a dodgy tin though

Segata is offline Has not one but two workbenches in his shed
    My .22 one is happy on Superfields, cant comment on price point as I was given them, heard good things about H&N Econs but not got to tryng them yet as still got a pile to get through in both .22 and .177.
    You'll Shoot your eye out Kid

PaulH is offline A hunky chunk ball of baldy luuuuurve.
    I'm using Superfields in my springers and they do very well 5.51 in the .22's and 4.52 in the .177, they are a nice clean pellet and I have yet to find a damaged one

H&N Excite Plinking Pellets £3.59 for 250.

For .177 Econ II Excite quite good to 20m as low as about £3.40 a tin for 500, same as normal , the ,more you buy the cheaper they let you have them at most places , pretty consistant performance for a cheap plinking pellet , look round a few of the retailers and see which offer the best deal at the time , don't expect bench rest accuracy at 25m , but if your barrel doesn't like them nothing gained