Page 77 of 106 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1578

Thread: Spring Bash 4th and 5th May 2024

Sadly for me I have to pull out of next weeks bash.
    Last weekend a good sized blur appeared in my vision, after a few days of screwing around between optician and hospital it has been confirmed as a large floater that is putting strain on my retina.
    Apparently it’s a semi common complication of cataract surgery and not that big of a deal unless you only have one eye like me.

If the floater puts too much strain on the retina it might tear and become detached (leaving me blind and needing surgery to repair it)
    I have been told it will take several weeks for the floater to shrink enough to where it is not a problem and I have been warned against stressing the eye in the mean time.
    So a 4.5 - 5 hour is out of the question for me.

Neil I committed to the chippy and will still send my share of the cost to you once you post it in the thread.

My apologies folks I was so looking forward to meeting you all, I had everything prepared and packed ready for the journey but I will be at the next bash (unless I get blinded by a detached retina )

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott. View Post
    Last weekend a good sized blur appeared in my vision, after a few days of screwing around between optician and hospital it has been confirmed as a large floater that is putting strain on my retina.
    Apparently it’s a semi common complication of cataract surgery and not that big of a deal unless you only have one eye like me.

If the floater puts too much strain on the retina it might tear and become detached (leaving me blind and needing surgery to repair it)
    I have been told it will take several weeks for the floater to shrink enough to where it is not a problem and I have been warned against stressing the eye in the mean time.

Neil I committed to the chippy and will still send my share of the cost to you once you post it in the thread.

My apologies folks I was so looking forward to meeting you all, I had everything prepared and packed ready for the journey but I will be at the next bash (unless I get blinded by a detached retina )
    Really sorry to hear that Scott but you’ve definitely made the right decsion. Make sure you do as you’re told and rest up and all being well you’ll have a swift recovery. Fingers crossed you make one of the next two dates.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Really sorry to hear that Scott but you’ve definitely made the right decsion. Make sure you do as you’re told and rest up and all being well you’ll have a swift recovery. Fingers crossed you make one of the next two dates.
    Thanks Paul, if not the next it will be the last but Im planning for the next one as I should be free of risk by then.
    Plus I just bought a new tent for this meet and Im so pissed off.... Think Angry tightwad jock

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Whine, moan complain. I only have one eye and don’t want to go blind in that one…..

Fudging man up man! You can always buy a bloody labrador
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Whine, moan complain. I only have one eye and don’t want to go blind in that one…..

Im gonna miss your company the most Monsieur Froggy you keep me semi grounded

Plus have you seen the bloody price of a Labrador these days, its like they're made of gold or something

You’re all heart, and short arms.

Alright mostly short arms 🤪

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Sorry to hear you will miss this one mate
    Hopefully you can make the next 2
    Pete

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    You’re all heart, and short arms.

Alright mostly short arms 🤪

I was rejected from the Samaritans again.

And not just cos I couldn’t reach the phones!
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

I was rejected from the Samaritans again.

And not just cos I couldn’t reach the phones!
    They heard about the death pact of the tbt cult then eh? Don’t drink the pink wine! 🤣🤣🤣

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    They heard about the death pact of the tbt cult then eh? Don’t drink the pink wine! 🤣🤣🤣
    If the weather gets colder and your worried about your engine freezing, Nick can help
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Segata View Post
    Might be just as well I've no lift arranged as just found out my Niece has had several siezures and is currently in Childrens A&E so may be best staying close to home until she's better.
    Currently got a rather nice Volvo while Kugas repaired so would've had a little drive about in it but now I'm on stand by to shoot off if I need to.
    Sorry to hear this. I hope your niece is better in very quick time.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Really sorry to hear this. I was so looking forward to finally meeting you. But, as Pauly says, do as the docs say and let's hope you're better very soon. Not wanting to "get in on the act", but I've been a little concerned over the very same thing. I've had floaters for years but they are now worse and bigger than ever before following the cataract surgery and subsequent laser treatment to clear the cloudy implants. Big, translucent, like jelly-fish blobs. But my doctors have said they should just settle and, hopefully, nothing to worry over......

I hope yours clear for you soon and look forward to being able to meet at a future Bash.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Cool Only one week to go

Quote Originally Posted by Willenium View Post

.....For the Saturday peeps.

BOING!

And it can't arrive quickly enough.....it's been such a long time since our last little gathering but we're now almost there. Really looking forward to unwinding at our Bash in the idyllic and therapeutic setting amongst fantastic people. And the sights and sounds of lots and lots of boingers boinging (or not!) merrily away whilst being appreciated by their admiring owners is always a joy to behold.

Can't wait, peeps......Chill time at The Bash is almost upon us.

BOING!

Bring on the bash. BOING!!!!

Really sorry to hear that and hope that it improves quickly for you!!