Page 74 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1447

Thread: Spring Bash 4th and 5th May 2024

You naughty lad!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    On a slightly more serious note.......I'm not a PCP aficionado. But they're still airguns. And I love ALL airguns. Boingers, pump-ups, CO2 and, well, yes, PCPs. And I don't mind if they're cheapy little budget basic ones or finely engineered supreme instruments of fine precision. But what our sport / hobby needs is for us to stick together. To be united against any pressure from the anti-brigade, and what we don't need are more divisions. Shooters, too, come in all different shapes, sizes, ages and levels of experience and we must welcome everyone in and make them feel a valued part of our wonderful community.

But BOINGERS IS STILL BEST
    Lol I must admit that even though I love my springers (and I really do love them, but not in the I want one of you f'ing springer deviants in my tent when Im drunk kinda way)
    Im an underdog kinda guy so when the PCP vs Springer banters kicks off on the FB groups I always side with the PCP and call out the springer lads,, but they know Im taking the piss too

But debate sides aside, as longs as someone is pulling a tigger and having fun Im 100% behind them

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    It’s a small world!

I’ve been searching for a pannier set to fit my ‘92 Moto Guzzi for a while now. No more than ten minutes ago I found, paid for and arranged collection of a Givi set of boxes and hangars in Castle Donnington!

Springer karma I tells ya!
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    It would never happen to a pcp shooter
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    It’s a small world!

I’ve been searching for a pannier set to fit my ‘92 Moto Guzzi for a while now. No more than ten minutes ago I found, paid for and arranged collection of a Givi set of boxes and hangars in Castle Donnington!

It's the communal sex appeal for sprayer shooters Nick....
    But, pisstake aside get a lottery ticket on cos that's some pretty good luck you have

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    On a slightly more serious note.......I'm not a PCP aficionado. But they're still airguns. And I love ALL airguns. Boingers, pump-ups, CO2 and, well, yes, PCPs. And I don't mind if they're cheapy little budget basic ones or finely engineered supreme instruments of fine precision. But what our sport / hobby needs is for us to stick together. To be united against any pressure from the anti-brigade, and what we don't need are more divisions. Shooters, too, come in all different shapes, sizes, ages and levels of experience and we must welcome everyone in and make them feel a valued part of our wonderful community.

But BOINGERS IS STILL BEST
    I agree. I’m with you all the way there Tone.
    Following on from your subsequent post regarding the “deadness” of PCP’s, I understand that as my first experience was exactly the same, however, I have changed my view on them……………

…….. As you know my first air rifle back in 2015 was an HW77 and I saw no reason at the time why I would need anything else . I bought it in the June, attended my first Bash in the September and was invited by Chris (Baldinio) to join him for a bit of rabbit hunting up in Middlesbrough which I did in the November.
    At some point during the day, Chris offered me a shoot with his PCP, an AA S410 I think ? I knew nothing about PCP’s at that time. So, I had a shoot (at a tree or something) with it and I immediately said “I don’t like that”. It felt like a toy and as you say… ‘dead’. Anyway, a few hours later after stalking around we sat for a rest, Chris placed a small cigar tin in a tree for us to plink at. He was hitting it with every shot and I couldn’t manage a hit with my 77 so he said “have a go with this” and handed me the S410 again………. And…… ding,ding,ding I never missed. With a big grin, I looked at Chris and said “I want one of these”
    I went on to shoot my first rabbit that day with the PCP (with the help of a ten foot branch as you’ll recall Tone )
    I have two PCP’s now but I’ve never taken one to a Bash. I only ever took them to my club/range to either zero or pellet test. However, over the years, they are the tools I go to when ratting, rabbiting or squirrel shooting.
    Springers however are much, much more fun and satisfying to shoot IMO.
    Last edited by NewPaul; 25-04-2024 at 01:27 AM.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    May as well do a morning Boing while I’m here

Good night.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Morning people this time next week

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    I agree. I’m with you all the way there Tone.
    Following on from your subsequent post regarding the “deadness” of PCP’s, I understand that as my first experience was exactly the same, however, I have changed my view on them……………

…….. As you know my first air rifle back in 2015 was an HW77 and I saw no reason at the time why I would need anything else . I bought it in the June, attended my first Bash in the September and was invited by Chris (Baldinio) to join him for a bit of rabbit hunting up in Middlesbrough which I did in the November.
    At some point during the day, Chris offered me a shoot with his PCP, an AA S410 I think ? I knew nothing about PCP’s at that time. So, I had a shoot (at a tree or something) with it and I immediately said “I don’t like that”. It felt like a toy and as you say… ‘dead’. Anyway, a few hours later after stalking around we sat for a rest, Chris placed a small cigar tin in a tree for us to plink at. He was hitting it with every shot and I couldn’t manage a hit with my 77 so he said “have a go with this” and handed me the S410 again………. And…… ding,ding,ding I never missed. With a big grin, I looked at Chris and said “I want one of these”
    I went on to shoot my first rabbit that day with the PCP (with the help of a ten foot branch as you’ll recall Tone )
    I have two PCP’s now but I’ve never taken one to a Bash. I only ever took them to my club/range to either zero or pellet test. However, over the years, they are the tools I go to when ratting, rabbiting or squirrel shooting.
    Springers however are much, much more fun and satisfying to shoot IMO.
    Brilliant post, Pauly.

However, did naughty Chris never come clean and tell you that he'd fiddled with your 77's scope turrets to ensure those misses and seal the PCP "superiority"?????

Joking aside, our quarry deserves a clean, clinical kill and, if I still hunted, I may feel differently. "Back in the day" I never felt at a disadvantage with a springer, though, relying on fieldcraft to get within range for that guaranteed clean kill . I do appreciate, however, that different shoots / terrain present different challenges.

If I were ever to compete it wouldn't be for silverware. Only for fun and to better myself. And there'd be springer classes anyway, so no disadvantage there.

The main scenario I could see the advantage would be when using the multi shot PCP if undertaking ratting duties if the place was crawling with loads of them.

But, as said. It's got a trigger. And it's an airgun. So gotta love 'em.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    May as well do a morning Boing while I’m here

Good night.

BOING!

Morning!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefan View Post
    Morning, Gav.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefan View Post
    Yes Gav, only a week to go
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Cool And into single figures we go.

Quote Originally Posted by Willenium View Post

BOING!

Oh yes, indeedy, Good People of The Springer Gathering.......

Only nine sleeps to go for the Saturday people.

And, as Gav and Dave say, just one week, ONE WEEK, for you lucky, lucky Thursday peeps.

BOING!

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    It’s a small world!

Absolutely; very nicely done, sir.

And yes, Pauly, we'll never forget that tale about the rabbit and the long branch.: