Quote Originally Posted by Waddy View Post
The trigger is the only weak point of the 2240 in that it's a bit agricultural, I was going to buy a two stage one from Alliance Hobbies in the US, but I've blown the budget for now

The amount of mods there are for the crosmans is incredible, went a bit nuts on it when I first got it, then got a chrono. Tested it and , certain of those mods got removed sharpish & put away in the back of a drawer !

Got two Wiehrauch rifles so I know the feel & quality of the 45 will be excellent.
Yes, I know what you mean re not getting tempted to get too carried away with all those mods available for the 2240. Luckily I didn't fall into that rabbit hole and kept the spend sensible, in keeping with the pistol's ethos. One of mine is standard. The other I turned into a "mini-carbine" with the shoulder stock and sports the steel breech which homes a red dot. Great fun..
I don't think the triggers are TOO bad (I also have two 1377s). Mine are all standard. By the looks of it they can be improved quite dramatically, though, by simple, cheap means, like a little polishing, lubing and weaker spring?