Page 17 of 117 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Bash 4th and 5th May 2024

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Ooooooo.......correct, Gav.ldwink

And, spookily, Pauly's post count currently is 6969!

Enjoy, Pauly!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluefan View Post
    Ha you’re right
    And now I’ve gone and ruined it
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

I hope you've been celebrating your special day in the only correct way, Pauly.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

I wish Tone. I’ve been painting the utility room
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Segata is offline Has not one but two workbenches in his shed
    Couldn't get bolts with wingnuts when I was out but done a little more on that trap, not finished it but being I've no foam as Mother nicked it and I couldn't get Plumbers Mait either I deffo wont be shooting it overnight for a while so no rush.
    You'll Shoot your eye out Kid

Funds transferred Neil. I plan to be there on the Thursday early afternoon if that’s ok still ? More than happy to help out with any setting up required.

For anyone looking in and wondering whether to attend, apart from the relatively tiny amount of £25 for 3 nights camping in idyllic surroundings, you get a shooting range with a myriad of targets at varying ranges and most of all…. the nicest, down to earth, helpful and knowledgable people you will ever get to meet in a group at the same time. Shoot, don’t shoot, chat, drink, don’t drink, take the p1ss, relax and have fun. If you do, I guarantee you’ll be back for more.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott. View Post
    Likewise Tony,
    Aye a complete success thanks, I can't believe both the difference in my vision with everything now being so clear and sharp and subsequently how bad it actually was..
    Get the follow up appointment and then new specs and I can drive again
    Granted my shooting will still look like I have my good eye shut
    Did they insert a prescription lens to correct vision at all or was it just to get rid of the cataract? I suppose if your cataract was very bad it will have severely impaired your vision. Hope the follow up goes well and you have your new glasses and back to normal soon.

Mine are taking longer to resolve, but I have other issues going on. The clock's ticking and I'm really hoping that they can have me sorted within the next two months!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    And now I’ve gone and ruined it

At least the first two digits will be okay for the next 27 posts, Pauly.

Funds transferred Neil. I plan to be there on the Thursday early afternoon if that’s ok still ? More than happy to help out with any setting up required.

For anyone looking in and wondering whether to attend, apart from the relatively tiny amount of £25 for 3 nights camping in idyllic surroundings, you get a shooting range with a myriad of targets at varying ranges and most of all…. the nicest, down to earth, helpful and knowledgable people you will ever get to meet in a group at the same time. Shoot, don’t shoot, chat, drink, don’t drink, take the p1ss, relax and have fun. If you do, I guarantee you’ll be back for more.
    Nicely put, my cuddly little one.

I wish Tone. I’ve been painting the utility room
    Well, if you didn't get the chance to partake later, you could always pretend to yourself that you're going on the Friday and then on the Saturday to give you two more opportunities, Pauly.

I do agree it's not bad at all, I just can't manage it anymore myself, closest I could do is probaly Glamping at which point you have to ask is it really still Camping as some of those set ups have more mod cons than solid built Chalets.
    Is a bloody great shame as I enjoy Bushcrafty things, even still have kit about with the Pocket Stove, the Mess kit and Briefcase BBQ comforts wise, various tarps and even a massive tent somewhere (is atleast an 8 berth but could be more).

This is also an instance I very much miss my old C-Max, if I could've bribed a driver I could feasibly bodge a me safe bed in the back as the rear seats come out to a flat floor, get the exhaust manifold hot to boil a pan of water on or a plug in kettle, plug in my little fridge and it'd be a nice little stealth Camper, one day I'll buy it back if I ever spot it for sale (it as dangerously close to it's 20th year though)

Smile Sleepometer says

Quote Originally Posted by Willenium View Post

70 to go, yep, 10 weeks, for the Saturday peeps.

BOING!

Quote Originally Posted by Segata View Post
    I do agree it's not bad at all, I just can't manage it anymore myself, closest I could do is probaly Glamping at which point you have to ask is it really still Camping as some of those set ups have more mod cons than solid built Chalets.
    Is a bloody great shame as I enjoy Bushcrafty things, even still have kit about with the Pocket Stove, the Mess kit and Briefcase BBQ comforts wise, various tarps and even a massive tent somewhere (is atleast an 8 berth but could be more).

This is also an instance I very much miss my old C-Max, if I could've bribed a driver I could feasibly bodge a me safe bed in the back as the rear seats come out to a flat floor, get the exhaust manifold hot to boil a pan of water on or a plug in kettle, plug in my little fridge and it'd be a nice little stealth Camper, one day I'll buy it back if I ever spot it for sale (it as dangerously close to it's 20th year though)
    It'd be great if you could somehow find a way to make it to a Bash as I just know you'd love it and fit straight in.

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Well another good morning at LVAGC
    The HC running well and a few chalk men biting the dust
    There were one particular set of targets that I just couldn't master today
    Hit some further away and closer with no issues but these ones... if they were directly in front of me I would have thought 3-3.5 mil dots. These were on a diagonal so further but the pellets seemed to be going over
    Due to the bank holiday weekend no one is able to commit to the Bash yet
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    It'd be great if you could somehow find a way to make it to a Bash as I just know you'd love it and fit straight in.
    Well I am working on it and if I can go and its a rough day I will still come but just sit quietly and enjoy the banter and advice.

Been occupying myself with the Pellet trap since I've been with it enough today as had another rough one, I need to remember who I brought the Dremel cutting discs from so I can remember to not buy from them again, one shattered just tightenng the holder screw and another didn't like the cutting speed up and promply projectiled itselt in multiple directions (my Dremel too is not in the best of health or some super powered one so shouldn't have fazed it) so I just used a Burr to cut what I needed.
    Glued stuff in place and will add self tappers for strength so hopefully by tomorrow I'll be filling and sanding ready for paint to make things look slightly less half arsed until it's shot to oblivion.

Never got to do that mooch for target ideas as was too rough so suggestions for target ideas are always welcome, Bell target I'll make shortly, got some wooden knockdown bottles that need finishing, design the cork set up and maybe rotate out cans etc, this is ideas for long lasting things of course, got things like exploders already.

69 sleeps to go (for the Saturday peeps).

Go on, Pauly, may as well take advantage.

BOING!