Page 28 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Bash 4th and 5th May 2024

Segata is offline Has not one but two workbenches in his shed
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Excellent!

Re dowel (and maybe a few other things that might come in handy), it often seems expensive in DIY stores to me. We were in The Works a week or so ago and they had packs of dowel that seemed very well priced.

What are the bunnies made from?
    Just that generic fluff stuff they make the Chicks out of too, probably meant for kids to craft with and ditch when done, might have a look in the Works later as I've got the Kuga this afternoon, do probably need metal in the long run as while not tested a good hit from one of the stronger rifles will see it destroyed as flyers can happen.
    You'll Shoot your eye out Kid

Well no luck today in Stevo's branch, tried Poundland and a homeware junk shop too, did get materials, a metal rack thing and a nerf clone spinning target that I'm hoping will survive, looks like eventually I'll have to suck it up and pay the DIY shop fees.

NewPaul is online now Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Neil: out of interest, any idea yet which field we will be camping in ?
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by Segata View Post
    Just that generic fluff stuff they make the Chicks out of too, probably meant for kids to craft with and ditch when done, might have a look in the Works later as I've got the Kuga this afternoon, do probably need metal in the long run as while not tested a good hit from one of the stronger rifles will see it destroyed as flyers can happen.
    Well no luck today in Stevo's branch, tried Poundland and a homeware junk shop too, did get materials, a metal rack thing and a nerf clone spinning target that I'm hoping will survive, looks like eventually I'll have to suck it up and pay the DIY shop fees.
    Keep up the good work.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Smile Seven weeks to go!

Quote Originally Posted by Willenium View Post

YAY!

Edging ever closer; now into the 40s; BOING!

These days are getting longer and longer. This week will see the Vernal Equinox. Then Easter and the start of BST happen on the same weekend this year, methinks.

The Sun's going to be getting his hat on more and more and raise those temperatures.

And we can gather in our beloved little Field of Joy once again very soon.

BOING!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Just started another batch of plaster sploders with the skulls included, cork targets about half way through paint and talking of which I got a 'Unicorn' pack yesterday so can do some wierd and wonderful colours including a rather fetching pearl Pepto Bismol pink.
    Did sums and ate quite a lot of the coffers but thats to be expected with todays prices, I've got a lead on spinners and I guess I best browse the DIY lot online for rod.

Camping round the ponds in May.
    Shooting over the cover crop.

The field next door is a hay field and we can't go in there until the hay is cut.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Bring the hay fever tablets
    I remember that from the other year. They were cutting and bailing when we were shooting
    Pete

I definately better be bloody careful as I get hit like a frieght train by it, was immune until I was about 17 and then it suddenly came on as if it was making up time.

Neil, do you need details of my meds for the insurance or is all good? No lifts yet but just incase don't mind PMing them over, may be a change in the coming week as got a Pain Clinic appointment thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil54 View Post
    Perfect, tis a beautiful spot
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Took a good old smack to flaten one of those teaspoons so Tony if you go for them bare that in mind or use heat.
    Pondering ideas currently to populate the first rack as so far it's got the mini pans fitted, used the flat head screws that belonged to the hinges and naturally slipped and got my thumb, not bad though.

Took a good old smack to flaten one of those teaspoons so Tony if you go for them bare that in mind or use heat.
    Pondering ideas currently to populate the first rack as so far it's got the mini pans fitted, used the flat head screws that belonged to the hinges and naturally slipped and got my thumb, not bad though.
    Cheers for the heads up. I wasn't planning on using the teaspoons myself. Home shooting is done either down the hallway or in our small garden, so it's paper only at home for me. And there's a huge number and variety at The Bash, courtesy of Neil. Sorry to hear about your thumb. Hope you're okay.

Smile Sleepometer says

48 to go, peeps.

BOING!

I don't need details of your meds, just bring enough for everyone.

You could have an emergency grab bag to hand if your going to flake out on us.

When I first called an ambulance for my dad I didn't know his d.o.b or what meds he was on as he was compos mentis until that point.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

NewPaul is online now Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil54 View Post
    Shooting over the cover crop.

The field next door is a hay field and we can't go in there until the hay is cut.
    Excellent. Idyllic spot !
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22