Page 39 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Bash 4th and 5th May 2024

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    But plenty who manage to crawl away from the camp fire in the early hours
    People talk about this happening, but I never actually remember it happening. In fact usually when I surface at the bash in the early afternoon I have no memory whatsoever of the previous night ��������

Captain Bongo is online now I'm not falling for this again........
    Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    In fact usually when I surface at the bash in the early afternoon I have no memory whatsoever of the previous night ��������
    Safer for everybody if it stays that way.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Oops.....Sorry......I've just looked in on the sales thread. I rarely look on Sales as I know there'd be stuff tempting me to buy, but funds and space don't allow at the moment.

Well done on acquiring a '45, sir. You'll love it!
    Cheers, yes I know everybody should have one that's why I had to buy it despite promising not to buy another gun for a while. I've only just bought a Theoben, which while it was a bargain wasn't cheap.

Also bought a mk1 HW 97 & then bought new seals & spring kit for it, plus an Original model 50 in .177 and spent a load on tuning a Hatsan 50 quarterbore.

I'm supposed to be saving up for a car for the wife *facepalm*

I want some new scopes too, and a set of Diopter sights Worse than class A drugs these airguns.
    Do not sell this man any air guns no matter what he says

People talk about this happening, but I never actually remember it happening. In fact usually when I surface at the bash in the early afternoon I have no memory whatsoever of the previous night ��������
    This bash thing is sounding better and better.

Segata is online now Has not one but two workbenches in his shed
    Atm could definately do with that, Mouths on fire and I can feel it over my normal level of pain killers and this cold things still knocking me for 6 too but Dentist banned the booze while on Antibiotics.
    Sadly though if I get there I don't think it'd be more than one day as I can't afford a hotel and with my back I pretty much can only sleep on a proper bed without feeling like hell the following day.
    I'm hoping my new Duck Ferris wheel arrives soon to cheer me up, pondering motorising it but wound have to get the ratio right so I don't burn out the motors I have while still getting the speed right.
    You'll Shoot your eye out Kid

Quote Originally Posted by Segata View Post
    Atm could definately do with that, Mouths on fire and I can feel it over my normal level of pain killers and this cold things still knocking me for 6 too but Dentist banned the booze while on Antibiotics.
    Sadly though if I get there I don't think it'd be more than one day as I can't afford a hotel and with my back I pretty much can only sleep on a proper bed without feeling like hell the following day.
    I'm hoping my new Duck Ferris wheel arrives soon to cheer me up, pondering motorising it but wound have to get the ratio right so I don't burn out the motors I have while still getting the speed right.
    Have you tried inflatable mattresses (camping thingys) ? They are a wonder, good as a real bed & isolate you from cold ground far better then those foam jobbies.

Then there are those beds that carp fishers use, the likes of "go outdoors" sells.

Yes, I ended up on one when we had a full house in Caister a while back and I spent most of the trip suffering for it, Sofa Beds aren't much better either.

Quote Originally Posted by Segata View Post
    Yes, I ended up on one when we had a full house in Caister a while back and I spent most of the trip suffering for it, Sofa Beds aren't much better either.
    Sorry to read that, my back is buggerd but I'm alright on them if pumped up enough.

I'm quite heavy too which probably doesn't help, I could probably get away with a smaller caravan sprung matteress on a car floor perhaps as I plan to do that to my old C-Max if I ever manage to find and buy it back.

Whoops!

Does a Rekord Jumbo count

Although, in my defence, I did have one back in the 1980s but I PXed it in for a AA Firepower.
    The Jumbo's nice, Pete, but I reckon you need another '45 at some point.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Hee, hee!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Waddy View Post
    Cheers, yes I know everybody should have one that's why I had to buy it despite promising not to buy another gun for a while. I've only just bought a Theoben, which while it was a bargain wasn't cheap.

Also bought a mk1 HW 97 & then bought new seals & spring kit for it, plus an Original model 50 in .177 and spent a load on tuning a Hatsan 50 quarterbore.

I'm supposed to be saving up for a car for the wife *facepalm*

I want some new scopes too, and a set of Diopter sights Worse than class A drugs these airguns.
    Excellent! Keep it up.

38 sleeps to go, peeps.

BOING!

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    The Jumbo's nice, Pete, but I reckon you need another '45 at some point.
    The only problem I find is the money to gun ratio, and the cost of most 45s is the same as a nice rifle and I just don't feel you get enough gun for your money.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

The only problem I find is the money to gun ratio, and the cost of most 45s is the same as a nice rifle and I just don't feel you get enough gun for your money.
    Come on Pete, you love a good non British gun!!!!