Page 51 of 107 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Bash 4th and 5th May 2024

Smile Sleepometer says

28 to go for us Saturday peeps.

YAY!

But no sales thread yet?

BOING!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    I had a few of those a few years ago.
    Going on from my previous post about car dealers in our little town......back to when I was pre-teens we had Ford, Vauxhall, Austin Rover, Volkswagen, Colt, Mazda, Datsun, Chrysler / Talbot / Simca all in town and Skoda and Renault in a village 2 miles out of town. Now.....not a single one. Times have changed, and most certainly not for the better........

Up until the mid 80s we even had a couple of small motorcycle shops. Now long gone, too.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    I bet very nicely, Pete.
    I know people slate SFS's work but I've had some right old "filling removers" in the past, worked on by Tony and which have come back really smoothed out, in the past it was only £45 for a tune and you couldn't even buy a tuning kit for that, so it would be nice to try a rifle that is supposed to be pretty perfect because of its genetic design and taken to that next level.

Blimey I can't believe I just said that about an HW.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Never even heard of that; must look into it.

If I'd had some spendies on me I'd have tried a swiftly or two in that Sheffield Tap that's sorta built into the edge of the station / backs onto platform one. Apparently very well rated. And when I went walkabouts, as said, there were a few tempting looking ones.

Yup I've definitely had more than.just a few in Sheffield Tap, while waiting for drinking buddies to arrive!
    Then slowly work our way up the the road opposite the railway station, The Howard,, The Graduate etc etc

CLOGGER is offline Ex proud Yorkshireman, Now soft southern shandy drinker
    Just transfered funds for the weekend attendance and camping to Neil, and I'm really looking forward to the first Bash of the year.
    Now got to decide which rifles to take - I always put 9 or 10 in the car and only use half of them
    See you there guys.
    All the best, Alastair

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by CLOGGER View Post
    Just transfered funds for the weekend attendance and camping to Neil, and I'm really looking forward to the first Bash of the year.
    Now got to decide which rifles to take - I always put 9 or 10 in the car and only use half of them
    See you there guys.
    All the best, Alastair
    It'll be good to see you again Alistair and to see some of your beautiful classic rifles in action
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Segata is offline Has not one but two workbenches in his shed
    Used to think that was a lot when I had just 1 Rifle and now I've got 5 Rifles and god knows how many Pistols kicking about with more planned, still 2s probably my Limit to take if I can get a lift.
    You'll Shoot your eye out Kid

I'm turning up Friday afternoon, as I've got the day off work

Coming down from't north, so Ill be stopping at Nandos in Giltbrook for me last proper feed fore't Bash probably 12.30 ish .

It's very easy to find from't M1 should anyone else be going down Friday morning for the afternoon.
    Do not sell this man any air guns no matter what he says

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by Waddy View Post
    I'm turning up Friday afternoon, as I've got the day off work.

Coming down from't north, so Ill be stopping at Nandos in Giltbrook for me last proper feed fore't Bash probably 12.30 ish .
    12:30…… Mmmmm, keep the noise down then eh ! Some of us might still be in bed
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    12:30…… Mmmmm, keep the noise down then eh ! Some of us might still be in bed

I'll be bringing my 2240 without a silencer
    Do not sell this man any air guns no matter what he says

Hellequin is offline I used to be indecisive.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Waddy View Post
    I'm turning up Friday afternoon, as I've got the day off work

It's very easy to find from't M1 should anyone else be going down Friday morning for the afternoon.
    Same here mate, not sure what time I'm setting off but it'll be Friday AM. See you there!
    Wyrd bið ful aræd

Quote Originally Posted by Hellequin View Post
    Same here mate, not sure what time I'm setting off but it'll be Friday AM. See you there!
    Blimey , another ‘early’ arrivee, you’d better keep the noise down too
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

I had an Air Horn somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Segata View Post
    I had an Air Horn somewhere
    Ha! Something tells me I’m safe from that thankfully. There’s plenty of good folk/Basharati that attend from down your end but the problem will be finding someone who can get you back home again the same day as most tend to stay over. Sell that M3 and hire a helicopter for the day I reckon Trust me, it will be worth it !!

They'll be burying me in it so no dice, last time I saw Helicopter rides listed it was 80 quid for a quick zip about Stanbrough lakes so I dread to think what that'd be.
    Only reason for coming back is the need for a proper bed and not able to stretch to a hotel otherwise I wouldn't mind coming and going at any time, could even bring my Ghetto Blaster to give you a morning wake up call (although its clocks dead so needs manual operation).