Page 67 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1367

Thread: Spring Bash 4th and 5th May 2024

Segata is online now Has not one but two workbenches in his shed
    I don't think I'll have bands in time so it'd just be a King Rat Cobra in my case, if a lift does arise I'll also delay working on the BSA just in case it should not be ready.
    You'll Shoot your eye out Kid

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    What catties have you got?

If you're struggling for time, order up a new Wasp one. Brilliant service and will arrive quickly.
    A black widow, because that's what I had a kid lol. I see things have moved on quite a bit, are those Wasp ones what everyone rates these days ? If so which is the one to go for ?

Do not sell this man any air guns no matter what he says

Quote Originally Posted by Waddy View Post
    A black widow, because that's what I had a kid lol. I see things have moved on quite a bit, are those Wasp ones what everyone rates these days ? If so which is the one to go for ?

I recently bought the Enzo, which feels lovely to hold. I really like the looks of the Wolf, too, so will spoil myself when I can.

I also like the looks of the Catty Shack Evo Ergo.

I also have a Barnett Diablo and one of the Milbro classic metal ones. I have some Jack Pyke tubes to fit onto the Milbro which I'll do when I can see half properly.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Tbh Barnetts aren't that bad at all, they'll work for hunting as well as targets just fine, I just customised a pair of Black Widows that I need to sort bands for, ironically I have rubber for doing the flat bander already, just no pouches or Tube rubber.

I've had virtually no play time for ages but did have three quick shots with my Diablo last Sunday. Three shots - three hits. Lovely.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Smile Sleepometer says

Quote Originally Posted by Willenium View Post

14 to go for the Saturday peeps.

Cutting it fine for driving.......New glasses in next few days mean I'll be able to drive again. To pre-empt this, I booked the car in for its MOT and service a couple of weeks ago (MOT expired in January). My favourite mechanic is stacked out and couldn't get it in until the Tuesday just before The Bash. Cutting it fine but should be good.

Can't wait, peeps; nearlier, nearly there.

BOING!

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    I hope the shooting conditions are going to be better than today
    That bloody wind would cut you in half on the range
    Coming from lots of directions.
    Retired for a bacon roll early
    Due to the bank holiday nine of the lads can make this Bash
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    I recently bought the Enzo, which feels lovely to hold. I really like the looks of the Wolf, too, so will spoil myself when I can.

I also like the looks of the Catty Shack Evo Ergo.

I also have a Barnett Diablo and one of the Milbro classic metal ones. I have some Jack Pyke tubes to fit onto the Milbro which I'll do when I can see half properly.
    They do look rather nice, but I'm going to have to learn a bit about these catties first, no idea what the band specs are about. I'll bring the one I've got & have a play & see what any other catty users have & hopefully pick up some tips.

I've got a few exploding targets that I'm going to bring , one is a big one for catapults

Do not sell this man any air guns no matter what he says

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    I hope the shooting conditions are going to be better than today
    That bloody wind would cut you in half on the range
    Coming from lots of directions.
    Retired for a bacon roll early
    Due to the bank holiday nine of the lads can make this Bash
    Yep, felt like that last night walking home from the station, Pete.

Very well done on Bash recruitment.

They do look rather nice, but I'm going to have to learn a bit about these catties first, no idea what the band specs are about. I'll bring the one I've got & have a play & see what any other catty users have & hopefully pick up some tips.

I've got a few exploding targets that I'm going to bring , one is a big one for catapults

I found some excellent videos on line when reawakening my interest a few months ago which really helped. If you fancied it, search out videos on that well-known platform from Gamekeeper John, Catty Shack, Catapult Carnage, Simpleshot, Snipersling, Axiom Outdoors......there's loads to go at re band length, thickness, tapers etc..

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Sorry Tony I meant none of the lads can make it
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    Sorry Tony I meant none of the lads can make it

What a difference one letter can make, Pete.

Theres not a lot to it per se, you've got thickness, length of draw and band recovery, Thickness often dictates how hard it'll hit and last, length of draw can have effect on how much you can control the power and recovery pretty much covers speed, better it is the faster your projectile is going to reach its target.
    Annoyingly they tend to only give thickness for tubes as I'm still trying to choose candidates for the Custom Pair as I want something good but not the same as the High power band already on the Cobra.

Most of the other terms don't really have any effect other than what feels comfortable to you, OTT (Over the Forks) and TTF(through the forks) dictates how the projectile is released (your Black Widow is TTF), Fork width can go wide to non existant and is based on prerences of Hold and ammo generally and lastly the holds again are based on how you are comfortable, some will prefer a hold keeping their hand down on the grip where others will prefer a pinch grip which puts their Thumb and index finger up on the forks for a bit more sensitive control.

And don't forget those reference and anchor points and elongation ratios.:

13 to go, peeps.

BOING!