Page 69 of 110 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1636

Thread: Spring Bash 4th and 5th May 2024

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post

I normally study a route and draw a little map on a piece of paper
    Me too, Dave. Never used a nav in my life!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Waddy View Post
    I used to use marbles, cheap & easy to source.

Quote Originally Posted by Segata View Post
    They still are somewhat, if it doesn't already mention it on a Bands listing any seller/maker worth they're salt should be able to tell you if that Band is suited to them.

Cheers chaps. Will look into them.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil54 View Post
    Take the A606 left toward Melton Mowbray. At the Tap and Run pub, turn right.
    Bash gate will be on the left after the railway bridge.
    Now they're my sort of instructions. Top stuff. Thanks, Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    Cheers

But I don't have a smart phone either

I normally study a route and draw a little map on a piece of paper
    If the SB exit is still closed ( and they haven't switched carriageways before the bash) I would travel south bound past the go karting and double back at the next intersection underneath the A46 which is only 2 Kms further.
    Come back turn off left, left again and use the the overbridge to cross over the A46 by the time you have gone over the A46 Back lane changes to Station Rd and you travel along until you come to Carrier landscapes on the left.
    Neil's Bash sign will be on the other side of the road.

Main points to home in.
    North of this area A large intersection for Nottingham and Melton Mowbray on the A606 4/5 Kms North of the go carts.
    South of this area the intersection to double back with crossing the A 6006 note the extra 0 for Wymeswold,Asfordby and the Dogs Trust.

Much further South Leicester. You've gone wrong.
    The more I think I know, the more I realise the less I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Dornfelderliebe View Post
    If the SB exit is still closed ( and they haven't switched carriageways before the bash) I would travel south bound past the go karting and double back at the next intersection underneath the A46 which is only 2 Kms further.
    Come back turn off left, left again and use the the overbridge to cross over the A46 by the time you have gone over the A46 Back lane changes to Station Rd and you travel along until you come to Carrier landscapes on the left.
    Neil's Bash sign will be on the other side of the road.

Main points to home in.
    North of this area A large intersection for Nottingham and Melton Mowbray on the A606 4/5 Kms North of the go carts.
    South of this area the intersection to double back with crossing the A 6006 note the extra 0 for Wymeswold,Asfordby and the Dogs Trust.

Much further South Leicester. You've gone wrong.
    Excellent info, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Excellent info, sir.
    Took me ages to type while Neil did his succinct reply
    The more I think I know, the more I realise the less I know.

Segata is offline Has not one but two workbenches in his shed
    Some must've not experianced the joy of fettling with a Nav so its got a teeny tiny version of their car on screen, appreciate day to day just studying maps but when I was a delivery driver a decent Nav was a god send especially dealing with places like Luton or parts of London (and the mini M3 could take you out of the fact you were stuck in a Ratty French scrapheap).

That said their updates are bloody slow, Kuga supposedly updated recently by Ford doesn't know so many roads that have been around years and belives its driving through fields so knowledge is always important which is why people often get suprised when I leave after and arrive before them when visiting down Caister during Tourist season.
    You'll Shoot your eye out Kid

The thing I find so amusing about navs is when someone tells you they went somewhere and you ask, "did you go down the A--- road.', or, "did you go past blah, blah, blah?", and they reply, "dunno, mate, I just went whichever way the sat nav told me to go"! Some don't even seem to know if they went North, South, East or West!

Analogue Tone.

Quote Originally Posted by Dornfelderliebe View Post
    Took me ages to type while Neil did his succinct reply
    Good to know anyway, though.

Segata is offline Has not one but two workbenches in his shed
    The thing I find so amusing about navs is when someone tells you they went somewhere and you ask, "did you go down the A--- road.', or, "did you go past blah, blah, blah?", and they reply, "dunno, mate, I just went whichever way the sat nav told me to go"! Some don't even seem to know if they went North, South, East or West!

Analogue Tone.
    Tbh I don't do so well with remembering stuff like A numbers but I just have a problem remembering numbers so I'm best going by landmarks or place names.
    You'll Shoot your eye out Kid

Quote Originally Posted by Neil54 View Post
    Take the A606 left toward Melton Mowbray. At the Tap and Run pub, turn right.
    Bash gate will be on the left after the railway bridge.
    Thanks Neil, coming from the frozen north beyond the wall and having no local knowledge this is the kind of thing that stops us outsiders offending the local banjo player on his wall

That being said, just found out another person I know is going to be there too.

[EDIT]
    Sorry Neil, from what was posted above, would I be correct in assuming this is the gate?

W3W ///covenants.shunning.tilt

Last edited by Scott.; 22-04-2024 at 06:41 PM.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott. View Post
    Thanks Neil, coming from the frozen north beyond the wall and having no local knowledge this is the kind of thing that stops us outsiders offending the local banjo player on his wall

That being said, just found out another person I know is going to be there too.

[EDIT]
    Sorry Neil, from what was posted above, would I be correct in assuming this is the gate?

W3W ///covenants.shunning.tilt

It seems like the cat is out of the bag. French Dave knows he’s coming to the bash!
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    It seems like the cat is out of the bag. French Dave knows he’s coming to the bash!
    Hey Nick you can't blame that one me, IF id known it was him the answers to his questions would have been different...

BUT just like the SNP nobody tells anybody else anything about the keep quiet secrets

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott. View Post
    Hey Nick you can't blame that one me, IF id known it was him the answers to his questions would have been different...

BUT just like the SNP nobody tells anybody else anything about the keep quiet secrets
    He hasn’t told me the story yet, he’s still at the calling me names phase
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

Analogue Tone.
    Guilty as charged your honour 🤣🤣🤣