Thread: Czech republic 808 Hy-score

Czech republic 808 Hy-score

Guys

Recently obtained this new in the box 808 Hy-score. These 808 are not that rare here in the USA. It is a Diana 15 but ones made in CZ seem scarce. Can someone who knows about these rifles please share your knowledge.

Last edited by Re01312; 11-02-2024 at 04:23 PM.

Curious where does it say made in Czech?

Thanks Steve

I on a lot of strong medicines since my spinal cord injury. Thank you helping a friend I forgot the most important pic. Thanks for your kindness.

If you are going to the next AG show (central PA) my wife and I will be there. I am the guy in a motorized wheelchair with big US Army emblem on it.

Kindest Regards,

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by Re01312 View Post
    I on a lot of strong medicines since my spinal cord injury. Thank you helping a friend I forgot the most important pic. Thanks for your kindness.

If you are going to the next AG show (central PA) my wife and I will be there. I am the guy in a motorized wheelchair with big US Army emblem on it.

Kindest Regards,

Randy
    Wow, never saw this show, I will try to make it not that far from me. Guess its the first annual!

unusual Hy-Scoren 808

It sure looks like a private labelled Slavia (especially with their typical wire sling anchor threaded into the stock). If so, it was probably an earlier import before Hy-Score connected with the Dianawerk factory for their U.S. imported airguns.

Thank you for history lesson.

Hi

Your comment that Hy-score had 808 made in CZ before they contracted with Diana makes great sense.

I have few 808 Hy-scores made by Diana. Hy-score contracted with FN to make their 801 air rifle and also contracted with Diana at around the same time. We know this because both companies produced Hy-score 801 rifles. I own 2 Hy-score 801s from different producers.

Interesting stuff. Thanks for adding to the discussion.

Randall

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Mine says made in Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by Re01312 View Post
    Hi

Your comment that Hy-score had 808 made in CZ before they contracted with Diana makes great sense.

I have few 808 Hy-scores made by Diana. Hy-score contracted with FN to make their 801 air rifle and also contracted with Diana at around the same time. We know this because both companies produced Hy-score 801 rifles. I own 2 Hy-score 801s from different producers.

Interesting stuff. Thanks for adding to the discussion.

Randall
    Those Belgian-made, Hy-Score 801 models are really nice quality little air rifles. As an aside note, collectors generally agree that those Belgian air rifles (both with/without the neat pellet-seating device) were made by the Herstal, Belgium firm commonly known as Pieper-Bayard. You have a nice collector piece, there!

Larry

Thanks Larry for your encouragement.

Another collector has become my airgun mentor and close friend, too. He has sold me some vintage AGs new in the box. Many of these AGs are seldomly for sale in the USA.

I feel you guys are lucky to have such incredible vintage airguns (AGs) available. The quantity and quality of vintage AGs in the UK far surpasses the selection in America.

After collecting Hy-score pistols for a few years, Webley air pistols have become my latest fascination. So I am learning lots from the Airgun bbs site. Thanks for the words of encouragement.

Kindest Regards,

Randall