Thread: Weihrauch HW70 Pistol - Collectable?

Weihrauch HW70 Pistol - Collectable?

Well, I think so, as I seem to have a small collection.

You need to join the club that oldskoolzzz has started...

https://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread...Weihrauch-HW70
    Too many guns, or not enough time?

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    The earlier ones which featured an end cap that could unscrew by itself and smack you in the face are the most valuable.

If I had another one it wouldn’t be collectible for long as I’d spray that slippery plastic with the stuff skateboarders put on their boards to give a good grip.

The HW70 does have a special niche in the airgun pantheon. It’s got a good trigger and a steel barrel liner like a Walther LP53 and like that much more expensive pistol it’s very quiet to shoot. Thus it has won the ‘Flat, Bedsit and Garage Air Pistol Award’ seventeen years running, since it was instituted in fact.

I have a fairly early one I think

My first HW70 that I got a couple of years back was an early one Weihrauch confirmed 1976 vintage serial number 065306

I had an issue with the piston seal as Weihrauch confirmed it was now obsolete as they changed the design to the later closed face 25mm synthetic version.

Weihrauch advised I would need a new later type piston and seal assembly.

A mate bought it from me and to be fair I regretted selling it so kept an eye open for another.

Few weeks back I bought a boxed as new one from a lovely chap this one much more modern serial number 178486 which Weihrauch confirmed as a 2019 Model year hence obviously not collectable but I do prefer it over my earlier version plus maintenance will be simpler with the generic 25mm synthetic seal they fitted.
    Last edited by oldskoolzzz; 17-02-2024 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    The earlier ones which featured an end cap that could unscrew by itself and smack you in the face are the most valuable.

If I had another one it wouldn’t be collectible for long as I’d spray that slippery plastic with the stuff skateboarders put on their boards to give a good grip.

The HW70 does have a special niche in the airgun pantheon. It’s got a good trigger and a steel barrel liner like a Walther LP53 and like that much more expensive pistol it’s very quiet to shoot. Thus it has won the ‘Flat, Bedsit and Garage Air Pistol Award’ seventeen years running, since it was instituted in fact.
    The one time that I didn't put gloves on, the end cap opened two knuckles on my left hand and bruised my right thumb. I was too lazy to make an adapter for my spring press!

I do have one on my long term wish list as I imagine they are quite nice to shoot, and probably the last good quality break barrel pistol to be manufactured?
    Good to know about the end cap on the early ones, recon I’d get a later one as a shooter.

I do have a cutaway model I bought from Germany as it goes…

Matt

My HW70 needed a new type piston too as mentioned and I'm pleased to say that Hans WH himself was involved with it being supplied. The piston was fitted by Dave at Airnasters for me. It's a great pistol. I don't understand why Hull Cartridge don't bother to display the HW70 at the shows. I have a HW45 which is also a brilliant pistol. Mine is in .177 with the duel power feature but I only use it on full power. The shoulder stock looks great but does not work very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Collector View Post
    My HW70 needed a new type piston too as mentioned and I'm pleased to say that Hans WH himself was involved with it being supplied. The piston was fitted by Dave at Airnasters for me. It's a great pistol. I don't understand why Hull Cartridge don't bother to display the HW70 at the shows. I have a HW45 which is also a brilliant pistol. Mine is in .177 with the duel power feature but I only use it on full power. The shoulder stock looks great but does not work very well.
    The strange thing is Weihrauch U.K. don’t even list the HW70

https://weihrauch.co.uk/pistols

Still listed on the main website though

https://www.weihrauch-sport.de/luftpistolen

I’m guessing the HW70 has perhaps had it’s day in the U.K. must be a very slow seller nowadays hence the omission but maybe explains why they don’t display them at U.K. shows anymore

Shame though as I honestly feel they are overlooked nowadays hence my recent thread.

https://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread...Weihrauch-HW70

I think if the HW70 had a bit of a re-launch it might sell a bit better. It will probably never happen.

Good think wiewauch hasnt got too many model pistols,Makes it easier to collect all the models.
    Anyone know how many variations of the HW70 there are?