As I get older and find myself getting a tad more grumpy I think about some of the things I tinker and plink with and some of the problems that have cropped up.
I find that I appreciate the more simple things. While they are not refined, a Bsa Cadet and a Webley Junior pistol are bloody good guns and good fun. I know the Cadet Major is a bit more refined and bloody good looking, but the robustness of the Cadet and its sights do it for me. Pretty much the same with a Webley Junior pistol. Very solid and the ones without the rearsight plate are great if the sight suits your eyes.
I like the DIana 25 rifle, but the weaker piston set up and the ramp rearsight are more likely to wear or break than Cadet items. The Gecado version had a more basic rearsight.

I see a "my gun wont cock" post sometimes and I get fed up explaining the whole routine to isolate the problem with that. I also get asked about problems with some old stuff. I don't mind a pm but some people (mainly on the other forum) want to go into details over many Pm's . I just find it so much easier to sort out over the phone. I think when people have phoned me, I have been able to help them sort things every time. I find it bloody frustrating when people mess with a gun and don't give it a chance to settle before saying there is a problem with accuracy etc after firing ten shots.
Oh well, Older and Grumpier.