Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For Sale: A .22 Smoothbore Webley Mk 3

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeymoo View Post
    I'll take it off your hands for 175 posted.
    M.
    Thank you M. She's all yours.

Over to PM.

Kind regards,

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeymoo View Post
    I'll take it off your hands for 175 posted.
    M.
    Hello M,

Are you still intending to buy this rifle?

I haven't heard from you since I forwarded receiving details to you on Monday.

Kind regards,

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22

Thanks for all the comments. Not sure now if I would be better leaving it as is given it’s obviously been sanded and I would be adding a crisp part that may look out of place? As one person said part of the history of the rifle, even though I would like to roll back time.

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Hello M,

Are you still intending to buy this rifle?

I haven't heard from you since I forwarded receiving details to you on Monday.

Kind regards,

John
    Still nothing from Mickeymoo.

I don't want to offer the rifle to anyone else if Mickeymoo is still interested and is perhaps unwell or has other priorities at this moment.

Does anyone know Mickeymoo and if he is OK?

Mickeymoo if you are reading this and are no longer interested in the Webley, please let me know - it's absolutely fine to change your mind. Otherwise it is still on hold for you.

John

I think this chap has been back on the forum since the deal was struck. No doubt this will get resolved.

A week has passed since Mickeymoo agreed to buy this rifle with no contact, so I have to assume he has changed his mind.

The Mark 3 is therefore offered for sale once again.

John

It's a real shame he hasn't let you know know he changed his mind as he's been online since john

Quote Originally Posted by Evostu View Post
    It's a real shame he hasn't let you know know he changed his mind as he's been online since john
    I'm sure he has a good reason Stu. One of the cons of selling I guess. Not every deal works out!

John

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    I'm sure he has a good reason Stu. One of the cons of selling I guess. Not every deal works out!

John
    Shame for him too, nobody will trust him now....
    Bring it to KP

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    Shame for him too, nobody will trust him now....
    Bring it to KP
    Thanks mate and will do if it does not sell in the meantime.

That's very kind of you Binners.

Kind regards,

John

The MKIII was made W/E 14/11/1964. Part of batch 5 of 6 batches made that week. Info just says .22". I understand as well as the X or O prefix smoothbores also had a proof mark; unless that was for a specific market, but conversations with the B P H confirm. ITS THE BLACK POWDER MARK FOR 1926 ????? The stock looks factory made to me but it has no inlet disc which is a bit odd; if its a copy it's damn good. Hope the info helps.

Quote Originally Posted by abellringer View Post
    The MKIII was made W/E 14/11/1964. Part of batch 5 of 6 batches made that week. Info just says .22". I understand as well as the X or O prefix smoothbores also had a proof mark; unless that was for a specific market, but conversations with the B P H confirm. ITS THE BLACK POWDER MARK FOR 1926 ????? The stock looks factory made to me but it has no inlet disc which is a bit odd; if its a copy it's damn good. Hope the info helps.
    Thanks Ray,

The rifle has gone to a new owner at today's Kempton.

Kind regards,

John