Thread: Any Freebies/ Cheapies going?

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice

Any Freebies/ Cheapies going?

After the success with this thread https://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread...pistol-project if anybody has something that they think will interest or amuse me, please give me a shout.
    Obviously any Webley pistol projects or parts are at the top of the list, but something I can mess with and probably pass on as a plinker/ starter (please---NOT a B2! ) .

I recently gave a Baikal IJ38 away as a starter/plinker and have done the same with ASI Snipers, Gamo Delta and a Bsa Meteor. My neighbour has a long term loan of a Webley Vulcan for if rats show up again. A few Gats have been given away too.

The Junior Mk2 mentioned is boxed up, awaiting the Ok to post it off.
    Thanks
    Last edited by ggggr; 05-04-2024 at 09:22 PM. Reason: The phone.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

well done you sir very kind

Quote Originally Posted by ggggr View Post
    A bit of a bump for this?
    Any Cadets or Relum break barrels? AND of course , Webley pistols or bits (even damaged/ broken)
    I've a Cadet action you can have. No stock though. It is a bit rough, so maybe a spares donor. Oh, I've also been looking at Webley Junior springs. I've found something that's close to original spec' but a lot cheaper. If I threw one of those in, maybe, when you try it, some feedback?

A big "Thank you" to the chap above. The action arrived yesterday. I made up a bit of flat bat with a slot in in and managed to undo the nut that holds the piston washer on. I'll have to get round to making a new washer for it. The good thing about these oldies is you do something like that and we we will probably all be dead before it needs doing again

If someone has a bit of a dinged stock going spare? hopefully this will be up and plinking soon. The block for this is the one with the small bolt, but if one for a big bolt turned up I could change the block.
    Thanks.
    Ps --a spring to try in a Webley Junior came with the gun and I'll have to get round to trying that now I've cut it o size.
    My main concern with that is I think airgun springs are quite near the limits of stress and a "softer" spring could start off ok but some get "tired"

Update-----I tried the spring, It stuck out of the end of the cylinder a fair bit but compressed easily to go in. The gun was easy to cock but seemed down in power, After about 15 shots took the spring out and it was compressed to the length between the piston and the guide ----Ie no preload. I will try it again but my impression is that it will compress and shorten on cocking and get shorter to the point of not spitting a pellet out.
    Last edited by ggggr; 29-03-2024 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Update
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

A "Bump" for .a Cadet Stock-----earlier small rear stock screw preferred but a big bolt version would be ok.
    Thanks.